A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2018 A4 US Order Guide

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I placed a factory order for a 2017 A4 Prestige in January and got 6% off MSRP plus a $750 loyalty credit (as my previous car was an Audi). I think that was a pretty square deal as apparently the Prestige cars are in high demand. During the requisite sit-down at with the business manager about the Audi Care package she very candidly told me that I did get a good deal as her system showed that the salesman who handled my sale received a "mini" commission as a result of the low selling price.
Old 06-04-2017, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree 6% from MSRP is a good price for an updated factory order of a 2018 A4 to be delivered during 2017. I got $1000 over invoice, plus the $750 Audi loyalty bonus for an ordered 2018 Prestige trim A4. Yesterday I received a notice from Audi that my car was sent to the port at Emden. My dealer told me that it usually takes about 4 weeks from when the car is shipped to when it arrives at the dealership.

Is there a way to find out which transport ship my A4 is being delivered from Emden Port to Houston Port? My COMM # is: NM6638.
Thanks.
Old 06-04-2017, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Prof
Is there a way to find out which transport ship my A4 is being delivered from Emden Port to Houston Port? My COMM # is: NM6638.
Thanks.
Ya it normally takes about 3-4 weeks on a boat and than a week or two at port and than to the dealership it goes.

Check out the thread below for status updates. SYMAWD can check your status if you ordered in the US.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...95348/page314/
Old 06-04-2017, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by audiworld2
I have the exact same questions. I was just at the dealership looking at the ordering guide for 2018 and the sales rep had no idea why the Prestige trim could not add the Sport Plus package. I also asked what exactly the difference was between the standard Sport suspension vs. the "Sport adaptive damping suspension" and if it was just a re-purposed "Comfort adaptive damping suspension" from 2017 that is now gone. I then called the main Audi customer service hotline and they didn't know either.

Has anyone ever had luck getting a hold of someone at Audi who can answer these kinds of questions?

I also was curious why the Black optic plus styling can't be combined with the Sport Plus package (to get the adaptive suspension) and why ventilated seats can't be combined with the Sport Plus package. It's truly ridiculous how these packages go against each other like this.
On the A4 there are a few suspension options:

Comfort adaptive (2017 model year) is -10mm ride height from the standard fixed suspension, and it is tuned for comfort. So it's primary focus is on a comfortable ride, yet it is also adjustable to become somewhat firm for sporty driving. If you are looking at a scale of 1-10, where 1 is firm and 10 is comfort, this would range from 4 to 10, with "auto" mode being a 7. This is no longer needed because the standard suspension on the A4 provides great comfort and dynamics, so not many people were choosing the comfort adaptive suspension.

Sport adaptive suspension (A4 sport plus, S4) is -23mm ride height compared to the standard fixed suspension (of an A4, S4 is always -23mm with the fixed suspension). This primary focus is on sport, so it is firmer than the comfort suspension due to different tuning for the dampers, different springs, and stiffer anti-roll bars. On the scale from 1-10, this would range from 1 to 7, with auto mode being a "4". This is essentially the same suspension that is offered on the S4 with the S sport package.

The adaptive suspension that you see on the 2018 A5 and Q5 is neither sport nor comfort. This one is right in the middle of the road, so on the scale from 1-10, it would range from 3-7, with "auto" mode being a 5. This is right in the middle of the other two suspensions. Granted there are some tuning differences between the Q5 and the A5, as A5 will ride a bit more sporty, but it is tuned for middle of the road adjustability, not focusing on sport or comfort. It is a great all-around suspension choice.

As for why the Sport plus package can't be combined with other packages, this is because those wheels, tires, steering, and suspension have all been grouped together for the maximum performance from an A4. This takes the S4 hardware and puts them on an A4 manual for the buyer that wants an S4, but wants a manual transmission. The interior also uses the same inlays as the S4, and it has leather/alcantara seat surfaces like an S4 (just not diamond stitch), which is why you can't have them ventilated. If you have ventilated seats, you go back to the standard leather seats and you lose some of what makes the Sport plus package unique.

The Black optic plus package is something completely different and is not unique only to the manual transmission. If you were allowed to override the restrictions and combine the packages, you'd also be paying twice for a lot of the same items (sport seats, inlays, interior coverings, two different sport suspensions, etc). So in theory it would be nice to just pick and choose everything you'd want, in the US this doesn't work because unlike Europe we aren't build to order, but rather build to stock.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adg44

Comfort adaptive (2017 model year) is -10mm ride height from the standard fixed suspension, and it is tuned for comfort. So it's primary focus is on a comfortable ride, yet it is also adjustable to become somewhat firm for sporty driving. If you are looking at a scale of 1-10, where 1 is firm and 10 is comfort, this would range from 4 to 10, with "auto" mode being a 7. This is no longer needed because the standard suspension on the A4 provides great comfort and dynamics, so not many people were choosing the comfort adaptive suspension.

Sport adaptive suspension (A4 sport plus, S4) is -23mm ride height compared to the standard fixed suspension (of an A4, S4 is always -23mm with the fixed suspension). This primary focus is on sport, so it is firmer than the comfort suspension due to different tuning for the dampers, different springs, and stiffer anti-roll bars. On the scale from 1-10, this would range from 1 to 7, with auto mode being a "4". This is essentially the same suspension that is offered on the S4 with the S sport package.

The adaptive suspension that you see on the 2018 A5 and Q5 is neither sport nor comfort. This one is right in the middle of the road, so on the scale from 1-10, it would range from 3-7, with "auto" mode being a 5. This is right in the middle of the other two suspensions. Granted there are some tuning differences between the Q5 and the A5, as A5 will ride a bit more sporty, but it is tuned for middle of the road adjustability, not focusing on sport or comfort. It is a great all-around suspension choice.

As for why the Sport plus package can't be combined with other packages, this is because those wheels, tires, steering, and suspension have all been grouped together for the maximum performance from an A4. This takes the S4 hardware and puts them on an A4 manual for the buyer that wants an S4, but wants a manual transmission. The interior also uses the same inlays as the S4, and it has leather/alcantara seat surfaces like an S4 (just not diamond stitch), which is why you can't have them ventilated. If you have ventilated seats, you go back to the standard leather seats and you lose some of what makes the Sport plus package unique.

The Black optic plus package is something completely different and is not unique only to the manual transmission. If you were allowed to override the restrictions and combine the packages, you'd also be paying twice for a lot of the same items (sport seats, inlays, interior coverings, two different sport suspensions, etc). So in theory it would be nice to just pick and choose everything you'd want, in the US this doesn't work because unlike Europe we aren't build to order, but rather build to stock.

Hope this helps.
The standard suspension on the S4 is the sport suspension at -23mm. You have to take the sport package to the get the adaptive suspension.

It's stupid they don't offer the Sport plus package only with a manual. The S4 is an automatic & they should offer the ability on the A4 to get a lot of those options with the Sport plus.

They are just protecting S4 sales by not offering it in a auto (yet you could see some take the A4 manual with S+ package because it's pretty close to an S4 other then engine, seats, exhaust, etc.
Old 07-13-2017, 06:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by adg44

Hope this helps.
If the sport adaptive suspension provides a range of 1 - 7, how would you rate the fixed sport suspension?
Old 07-16-2017, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gooberman
Congrats! I'm almost at that point myself.

I talked to one dealer and he didn't seem keen to give much of a discount on a factory order. I'm thinking 5.5% is good.
When you guys refer to these prices - are these prices off MSRP and before taxes, dealer fees, etc.?
Old 07-16-2017, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

In my case, yes. The price was off MSRP and before taxes, dealer fees and importantly Audi Loyalty credit. So the loyalty credit was added to the discount.
Old 07-23-2017, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Black ops window trim

Hey guys

I'm from Canada.

Was wondering if you guys can order black ops parts? Really want to purchase the front grill and window trim.

If anyone can confirm this for me that would be great
Old 07-29-2017, 12:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Audi Exclusive Colors

Hi,

Anyone know if 2018 Audi A4 Prem + with Sport Plus package and 6MT can be ordered with Audi exclusive color?

Troy

Quick Reply: 2018 A4 US Order Guide