A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

B10 first spy shots

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2021, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 124 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by FrenchToast
... There are some significant changes to the B10 in comparison to the B9. I think it will look quite a bit different.
Could you tell us where your presumption comes from? Have you seen something the rest of us haven't?
Old 12-16-2021, 04:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by A4Driver
I think that the MMI screen will still be a stick-on affair. If you look at this photo, there is a piece of white paper draped over where the MMI would be. If that paper was stuck on the windshield, it would be flat.

What I’ve seen so far of the interior, suggests that there will be a pretty large screen in the center and possibly no instrument cluster in front of the driver.
The following users liked this post:
JSchmo (12-19-2021)
Old 12-16-2021, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by A4Driver
Could you tell us where your presumption comes from? Have you seen something the rest of us haven't?
If I had seen anything, I wouldn't be able to make any public posts about it.

Just careful observation of Audi's design language and what is under the squiggly camo wrap. Plenty of clues for the discovering.

Others may think it isn't different enough, I think it is.
Old 12-19-2021, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Given how badly they screwed the pooch with the B9.5, I can't imagine anything good will happen in the B10. I've had full-day loaners of 2020 and 2021 A4's and literally every difference I could identify between those cars vs mine, was bad. The mandatory touchscreen is 100% a dealbreaker.
The following 5 users liked this post by SkiingInABlueDream:
1killera4 (12-27-2021), A4Driver (12-20-2021), DeXel (12-20-2021), dseag2 (12-19-2021), Tipp55 (09-20-2022)
Old 12-19-2021, 08:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by marz1
What I’ve seen so far of the interior, suggests that there will be a pretty large screen in the center and possibly no instrument cluster in front of the driver.
This article has more photos…including a good view of the dashboard silhouette from the passenger side. Marz1, What you said about picking up on the Etron dash theme makes sense:

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...agon-spy-shots

Last edited by JSchmo; 12-20-2021 at 02:54 AM.
Old 12-20-2021, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JSchmo
This article has more photos…including a good view of the dashboard silhouette from the passenger side. Marz1, What you said about picking up on the Etron dash theme makes sense:

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...agon-spy-shots

It was actually FrenchToast who suggested the E-tron similarities. What I can observe on that passenger window shot is more like a Tesla model 3 free standing screen.
Old 12-20-2021, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Old 12-20-2021, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 124 Likes on 86 Posts

Translation from motori.it:

"We imagine the new generation Audi A4 Avant like this"

"The new Audi A4 Avant is already under development. Just a few days ago a forklift of the new car was intercepted on the roads obviously still appropriately disguised. Although the camouflage hid the main design innovations that the German manufacturer will introduce from view, it was still possible to notice some aspects. Starting, therefore, from what emerges from the spy photos, we tried to imagine how the look of the future new Audi A4 Avant could be. The result is in the rendering that you can see.

The new model will showcase a silhouette similar to that of the current A4 Avant but with more sporty features. At the design level there will be a certain influence of the latest concept cars of the house of the 4 rings such as the Grand Sphere. The front features slender and slim LED headlights which, together with a new grille design and new vertical air intakes, will help to give the car an aggressive look.

There will also be a small increase in length and wheelbase to offer rear passengers more space and more comfort. Compared to the current model, the height will remain unchanged. On the other hand, there will be big news regarding the interiors. Audi appears to be taking the car a major step forward on the technology front with a new digital cockpit and revamped infotainment.

The engine range will be heavily electrified with mild-hybrid and plug-in hybrid variants. The new model will be based on an evolution of the MLB platform. There will, however, still be some time to find out more details on the new Audi A4 Avant and also on the new generation of the A4. The debut, in fact, is scheduled for 2023."

Note: This is a rendering.

Last edited by A4Driver; 12-20-2021 at 12:51 PM.
Old 12-20-2021, 02:17 PM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by SkiingInABlueDream
Given how badly they screwed the pooch with the B9.5, I can't imagine anything good will happen in the B10. I've had full-day loaners of 2020 and 2021 A4's and literally every difference I could identify between those cars vs mine, was bad. The mandatory touchscreen is 100% a dealbreaker.
The B9.5 was, in my view, a half-a**ed facelift. If they had done what they did in the Q7 and redone the entire interior around the new touch-screen MMI, it would be fine... but instead you have this poorly-placed touch screen and this hole where the MMI **** controller was supposed to go.

Also... where did the fuel and coolant temp gauge go? Or a bunch of more advanced things in the VC? Or the little hooks for the rear seat floor mats (which one notices are missing when reusing WeatherTech mats from a 2017)

I think there are two main improvements in the 2020:
a) no more 40km/h brake test vibration thing (which never really bothered me), and
b) for Canadian-spec cars with grey interiors, more grey interior bits compared to the 2017. Other markets had more grey interior bits available in 2017 though...

(Also, I would really like to know why my 2020 rides firmer than the 2017. The 2017 had a much better ride, the 2020 is too firm. Neither car had sport suspension, the only difference I can tell is that my 2020 has the sport seats...)

(That being said, I got absurdly lucky on the financial side on my 2020. Signed the deal right as car dealers were reopening post-first-lockdown and manufacturers were thinking 'OMG giant recession, need to offer giant deals to unload our inventory'. Then a few weeks later they realized many people actually wanted to buy cars and they had no inventory...)
The following users liked this post:
dseag2 (12-26-2021)
Old 12-20-2021, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by marz1
I thought it’s a Hyundai until I saw the the 4 rings😂
The following 3 users liked this post by minmet:
1killera4 (12-27-2021), brjake (12-21-2021), dseag2 (12-26-2021)

Quick Reply: B10 first spy shots