A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Been running a JB4 for the past week

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by jjcuff1
I have the 034 intake coming and will use the JB4. Have you seen the custom harness's to eliminate the hard tap?

I know you have more mods but I am hoping it wills till respond well and be a solid 4sec/12sec car. I am following the GTI threads which is a FWD and severely limits 0-60 and launch over quattro.But they are seeing hi 12 or 13 flat and breaking 5s 0-60 on FWD mainly stock ot intake.

DP they are mid to hi 12 but 0-60 still an issue with FWD

Most JB11/4 reviews I have seen are for the Golf R which has more power stock anyway but seem to be 12sec flat car. with just stage1. Again the quattro has a better AWD system though so I would hope to see hi-mid 12s stock and mid 4s 0-60 on a 4.8boost.

I am leased so debating on the center res delete to xpipe. I am concerned about any drone and loud cold starts and noise at idle. My A6 3.0T had a res delete and muffler swap and man it sucked. I will leave alone for the family's sake dont want to ruin the quiet ride unless I can get a stealth upgrade that only comes out under loads
This is the first car I've ever leased that I didn't do exhaust to. Since I have to drive the car all day long for work, I actually like the quiet and ability to enjoy music and speak normal on phone conversations.

That being said, I feel confident assuming this car is mid 4s 0-60. Also, based on two major companies, a downpipe does nothing to improve performance. The only thing that has been suggested is a larger intercooler as IATs are relatively high.

What do you mean about 4.8lb boost? I'm currently running 22lbs on my custom map right now that I'm testing.
Old 07-19-2017, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hyper I agree with you on the quiet. I added new tips that look great and truely enjoy the sound under load on the 2.0 in the cabin. Soundmaker or not it works.

i thought DP as huge hp gain like 30-40hp maybe just on 220hp gti and maybe why we are at 252 already.

i feel stock it is mid 5s without LC and close to 5 flat with LC

i meant +4.8psi over stock. I heard that the cooling is key of course. The new 034 with wide silicon intake pipe has to help too. I am leased too and changing INtercooler does not make sense. If 12/4 car that is solid the next step is keep it and do is38 swap and intercooler and it will be 11s
Old 07-19-2017, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Hyper I agree with you on the quiet. I added new tips that look great and truely enjoy the sound under load on the 2.0 in the cabin. Soundmaker or not it works.

i thought DP as huge hp gain like 30-40hp maybe just on 220hp gti and maybe why we are at 252 already.

i feel stock it is mid 5s without LC and close to 5 flat with LC

i meant +4.8psi over stock. I heard that the cooling is key of course. The new 034 with wide silicon intake pipe has to help too. I am leased too and changing INtercooler does not make sense. If 12/4 car that is solid the next step is keep it and do is38 swap and intercooler and it will be 11s
All I can say is that I'm over these heat waves. I can't wait to feel this thing in the crisp fall air.
Old 07-19-2017, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Is meth easy add and removal for lease to drop iat without lease impact?
Old 07-19-2017, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

I guess simple way would be justbhave a container and spray across the intercooler too might drop a few degrees hooked to jb swich
Old 07-20-2017, 02:34 AM
GFL
Audiworld Junior Member

Hyper- reading your signature, see that you've installed both the 034 front brace and rear sway bar? Did you install them separately or at the same time? Reason I ask is looking to determine if one had a better effect on handling over the other. How would you review them together as well?
Old 07-20-2017, 04:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by GFL
Hyper- reading your signature, see that you've installed both the 034 front brace and rear sway bar? Did you install them separately or at the same time? Reason I ask is looking to determine if one had a better effect on handling over the other. How would you review them together as well?
Sending PM so I dont deviate from this thread.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by HyperS4
Sending PM so I dont deviate from this thread.
Hyper how did you do the o2 tap? Is it discreet?

with an LC launch on JB4 at stock map 2 is the seat of the pants feeling noticeable over stock?

Is custom map tuning a huge benefit does it improve the overall performance you can get of it over map 2? (aside from just cranking boost up) I will not mess with overall max boost since engine is stock but the boost curve maybe.

Also, I think gti guys with DP, have a lot of issues getting AFR right. Some rich some lean. I assume since they messed with the DP. Is this the case for stock setup w/ just an intake? Any big fuel trim adjustments needed or make improvements?
Old 07-20-2017, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Hyper how did you do the o2 tap? Is it discreet?

with an LC launch on JB4 at stock map 2 is the seat of the pants feeling noticeable over stock?

Is custom map tuning a huge benefit does it improve the overall performance you can get of it over map 2? (aside from just cranking boost up) I will not mess with overall max boost since engine is stock but the boost curve maybe.

Also, I think gti guys with DP, have a lot of issues getting AFR right. Some rich some lean. I assume since they messed with the DP. Is this the case for stock setup w/ just an intake? Any big fuel trim adjustments needed or make improvements?
Currently the o2 tap is a wire going into the loom. The kit comes with an easy twist tap that takes 5 seconds. When the engine cover is on you cant see it.

There are only 3 maps currently; Map 0(stock), Map 1(tune), and map 6(custom tune). Map 2 is not to be used as its overboosted.

I havent done any LC's yet but even with the transmission in D the car pulls like a sonofagun. When I was back to stock driving to the dealership last week the car felt anemic. Its a completely different car.

The custom mapping right now Im testing could end up becoming what map 1 will be for customers.

The maps are fine with or w/out an intake. Obviously having an intake helps.
Old 07-21-2017, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by HyperS4
Currently the o2 tap is a wire going into the loom. The kit comes with an easy twist tap that takes 5 seconds. When the engine cover is on you cant see it.

There are only 3 maps currently; Map 0(stock), Map 1(tune), and map 6(custom tune). Map 2 is not to be used as its over boosted.

I havent done any LC's yet but even with the transmission in D the car pulls like a sonofagun. When I was back to stock driving to the dealership last week the car felt anemic. Its a completely different car.

The custom mapping right now Im testing could end up becoming what map 1 will be for customers.

The maps are fine with or w/out an intake. Obviously having an intake helps.
The GTI I read required a jacking up to get to bottom sensors. Is the A4/5 easier to install? It appears the ECU is right on top and header O2 is visible along with the sensors since the motor is longitudinal.

I am counting the days to buy the JB4....

Quick Reply: Been running a JB4 for the past week