A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Before & After Ceramic coating pictures

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

(not a b9)

The key is proper paint correction BEFORE coating. That is what will make the coatings look that much better...

21" HRE P90L Wheels in Brushed Clear
2-stage compound + polish
35% tint all around + 90% on windshield (tint looks light in the photo but it is pretty dark)
2 coats of GYEON MOHS on wheels and car
Front end fully wrapped with SUNTEK Ultra

Before & After Ceramic coating pictures-m0rjats.jpg

Before & After Ceramic coating pictures-yciqopm.jpg
Old 01-15-2018, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Eric5273
Here are some pics of my A4 with Opti-coat Pro:
Wow, car looks amazing. Going to wait for spring and get it done.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by cuke2u
After:

Car looks awesome. Thanks for the pics.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by James308au
It is hard to tell the difference between a coated car and a very well waxed car as bob m mentioned above but the coating lasts and grime and bird poop just wash off with no stain marks, still have to be soft when washing the car but well worth getting done, I don't have any before pictures but here are the after pictures, you can see the clouds reflecting in the paint.

after dual coat of opti coat pro
after dual coat of opti coat pro
After first wash 2 weeks after coating
2 days after first wash
My work parking lot is full of seagulls and my A4 is ground zero. If you don't get it off quickly it definitely stains.
Old 01-16-2018, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Does anyone know if coatings can be applied in cold winter weather? Was wondering if the cold effects the curing. Thanks for any information.
Old 01-16-2018, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Installers generally work year-round and accelerate the curing process with heat lamps. The main concern immediately after application is keeping it dry for some mfr prescribed period.
Old 01-16-2018, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by uberwgn
Installers generally work year-round and accelerate the curing process with heat lamps. The main concern immediately after application is keeping it dry for some mfr prescribed period.

Bob, what he said. Also, how cold is cold? I would think there would be temperature application guidelines with the products too.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks guys. Temperature-wise I was wondering about typical winter temps. Lately around me it's been in single digits and maybe up into the 20's. The heat lamp procedure makes sense - I was asol wondering if some detailers might keep the car and extra day or so in their shop for curing.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Q5 Bob
Thanks guys. Temperature-wise I was wondering about typical winter temps. Lately around me it's been in single digits and maybe up into the 20's. The heat lamp procedure makes sense - I was asol wondering if some detailers might keep the car and extra day or so in their shop for curing.
Bob, I am assuming you will be doing this yourself? Single digits are a no no. Besides, you would need to do all the prep work - washing, claying, paint correction which can't be done in that temperature. Or will you be using a heated garage? In that case, yes, all this could be done there. If done by a pro shop, they will have a properly heated garage and I would think they would keep it an extra day for curing.
Old 01-17-2018, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by bob m
Bob, I am assuming you will be doing this yourself? Single digits are a no no. Besides, you would need to do all the prep work - washing, claying, paint correction which can't be done in that temperature. Or will you be using a heated garage? In that case, yes, all this could be done there. If done by a pro shop, they will have a properly heated garage and I would think they would keep it an extra day for curing.
I'd have an authorized shop do the work. I was wondering about driving the car home in cold weather and putting it in a relatively cold garage during the curing time. After giving it some thought I don't think I'd do anything until spring.

Quick Reply: Before & After Ceramic coating pictures