A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Best All Season Tires for a 2017 A4 B9 Premium Plus

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best All Season Tires for a 2017 A4 B9 Premium Plus

I am new to the forums but look to be more active! I am sorry if this is a repeated question but the forum doesn't seem to have stickies, sub-forums, or anything to track common topics.

I Currently have the stock Pirelli 245 40 R18 tires and about 15k miles. What should I buy next?
Old 02-18-2019, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I’m in the same boat as you are with my original tires. I haven’t bought yet either but I like what I read about Michelin A/W 3s. I’ve replaced original equipment tires on two other vehicles with Michelin’s and the ride quality and performance improvement has been very good.
Old 02-18-2019, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Nice. I'll take a look at teh Michelin A/W 3s... Are they supposed to be better than the stock Pirelli 245/40R18?
Old 02-18-2019, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by markjohnsonii
Nice. I'll take a look at teh Michelin A/W 3s... Are they supposed to be better than the stock Pirelli 245/40R18?
I'm sure people who actually have been riding on the Michelins will chime in with how they like them. If you look st some of the tire threads on the forum you will see a lot of people don’t care for the standard Pirelli’s.
Old 02-18-2019, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 97 Likes on 73 Posts

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ is probably the absolute best A/S tire out there if you don't experience too much snow. If you do, they revised it on the Plus model, hence the "+" in the name. Recommended it to a friend who installed it on their Lexus IS and it is an incredible tire.

I believe the A/S 3 (non-Plus) is still on the market if you can find a tire distributor who has some left in stock, but the rubber technology has changed between the two models.

If you can stomach the sidewall design and directional rotations only, I had BFGoodrich g-Force Sport Comp 2 A/S on my old vehicle. One hell of a tire; Michelin-owned subsidiary so it does have the same tire technology trickled down.
Old 02-18-2019, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ and love them. Have had those tires on multiple cars now.

I've heard good things about the Michelin CrossClimate+ tires as well.
Old 02-18-2019, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Great recommendations and thank you for the help! So far I see the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+, and the CrossClimate+, and BFGoodrich g-Force Sport Comp 2 A/S...Any others to look at?
Old 02-18-2019, 10:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

You can take a look at the Conti DWS06 tires. I had those on my previous cars and they would be my choice if I lived in a colder climate where it may snow. I have the Michelin AS3+ on my car now and they are probably the best for dry/wet performance. Also, try searching the B9 S4 forum for threads discussing tire options. https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-...tions-2937616/
Old 02-19-2019, 03:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Another vote for the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+. A noticeable improvement over the Pirellis and IIRC, the highest rated A/S in TireRack. Mine are the High Performance not the Ultra High Performance tires and suit my driving style and location better. However for some reason I on't see them listed on TR.
Old 02-19-2019, 05:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Ive had both the Mich A/S3 and DWS06 on my cars and they are both fantastic. The Michelin handles like a summer tire, a very good performing tire. I used it in the snow but I didnt feel confident. Tradeoff for the dry performance is louder tire noise and reduced wear. I got about 22k miles out of a set. The DWS06 is a big improvement over the original DWS which was a phenomenal tire in its own right. The DWS06 is a fantastic tire if you encounter snow and it still handles very well in the dry. The sidewall was stiffened up in the latter generation so steering feel is better. I think the DWS06 also last a bit longer for wear. Anything is better than the Pirelli that come on the car(even my cheapies Im using right now).

If I had to put a new set on my car right now it would literally be a flip of a coin, you couldnt make a bad choice between the two. I would probably just go with whoever is cheaper at the time. I know Costco has been running a discount on Michelin along with $1 install or something like that.

Quick Reply: Best All Season Tires for a 2017 A4 B9 Premium Plus