A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Coding MPH from Km/h for Virtual Cockpit

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by CdnAllroad
Note that this for CANADIAN vehicles using the conversion the MMI conversion from Km/h to MPH (US vehicles would follow the same process to convert from MPH to Km/h)

CONFIRMED
Done using VCDS (HEX-V2)
17-INSTRUMENTS --> LONG CODING --> BYTE 1 --> BIT 1... UNCHECK 'dual_speedometer,yes'

BOTH the circular dial & center numbers are in MPH now

When 'View' is minimized, it appears ONLY as MPH now (not split as before)
Dude you are AMAZING. I bought a canadian q7 and the dual speedo was driving me nuts. I was able to use obdeleven and do long coding to get it changed. Thank you!!!
Old 11-02-2019, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where To Begin

Just bought 17’ Q7 Prestige SLine. It’s a Canadian Spec’d one as well and I’d love to figure this out. Can anyone give me a beginners guide to making this kind of change? Where do I start?

Originally Posted by CdnAllroad
Note that this for CANADIAN vehicles using the conversion the MMI conversion from Km/h to MPH (US vehicles would follow the same process to convert from MPH to Km/h)

CONFIRMED
Done using VCDS (HEX-V2)
17-INSTRUMENTS --> LONG CODING --> BYTE 1 --> BIT 1... UNCHECK 'dual_speedometer,yes'

BOTH the circular dial & center numbers are in MPH now

When 'View' is minimized, it appears ONLY as MPH now (not split as before)
The following users liked this post:
dreiter2 (04-23-2023)
Old 02-24-2021, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do you get into the code to take that check mark off? I have a 2018 Q7 that came from canada. Would love to get that center number change to MPH.
Old 02-24-2021, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have the same issue - how to I get it changed.
Old 03-04-2021, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hey @billm0066

Thanks for sharing that you were able to change the KPH with OBDelleven, did you need the 'Pro' package to do so? thanks!
Old 03-04-2021, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Virtual Cockpit KG to MGH

I talked to Audi in Canada this week. Was not able to resolved via Audi in US. Audi in Canada called me back today and said the issue was a bug and audi should have a software upgrade sometime later this year. I will call them in October 2021 and ask for an update. They said dealerships will then know how to handle.
Old 04-03-2021, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks OP!
This fixed my new to me Canadian spec Q7 that is now living in Ohio
Old 11-24-2022, 08:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Just purchased a 2017 A4 Premium Plus in Canada, with the car being originally from California. Stumbled upon this thread because I was also experiencin this issue, changed everything over to KM/h, but the middle readout was in MPH. Saw the post claiming Audi Canada was hoping to have a fix by the end of last year, so I made an appointment at my local audi dealer to see what could be done. Long story short, Audi can't/won't do anything. Ended up buying an OBDEleven and running the long coding fix mentioned above. Worked like a treat! Thanks Audi World!
Old 05-08-2023, 04:29 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 2021 SQ5 from Canada

Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff33
Just purchased a 2017 A4 Premium Plus in Canada, with the car being originally from California. Stumbled upon this thread because I was also experiencin this issue, changed everything over to KM/h, but the middle readout was in MPH. Saw the post claiming Audi Canada was hoping to have a fix by the end of last year, so I made an appointment at my local audi dealer to see what could be done. Long story short, Audi can't/won't do anything. Ended up buying an OBDEleven and running the long coding fix mentioned above. Worked like a treat! Thanks Audi World!
Hi, I am in the same boat. I just got mine delivered in Ohio and is the opposite issue, I have KPH vs MPH. I just cannot find anywhere any directions of how to fix that. Do you know if a dealer will do it or I need to get the OBDEleven? Do you know if there is a video anywhere how to do it and which version of the OBDE to get? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you. Ivan
Old 05-08-2023, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ikoz1980
Hi, I am in the same boat. I just got mine delivered in Ohio and is the opposite issue, I have KPH vs MPH. I just cannot find anywhere any directions of how to fix that. Do you know if a dealer will do it or I need to get the OBDEleven? Do you know if there is a video anywhere how to do it and which version of the OBDE to get? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you. Ivan
No worries man , don't bother with Audi at all as they can't or won't do anything about it. Either way it's an easy fix via obd11, just follow the exact instructions mentioned above.

Once connected to your OBD11 app, you'll see different "modules" listed for each system. You goto 17, scroll to "instruments", select " long coding", 'byte 1", "bit 1" and then Uncheck"dual speedometer, yes".

And that's it!

Buy the cheapest obd11 that supports "long coding", I believe it was the "pro" version... But you're specifically looking for that "long coding" functionality.

Quick Reply: Coding MPH from Km/h for Virtual Cockpit