A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense)

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinB656
Thanks. Unfortunately, I am unable to save any of the changes in A5. If I hit the check mark with the engine running I get "(22) Function Cancelled, Marginal Conditions have not been met."

I did see Mitchfin mention somewhere that A5 does not like to accept code changes with the engine running so I tried with the engine off as well. I then got the message "Something Went Wrong. Try again."

Any advice?
OBDEleven can be kind of tricky. Like, if you are in the coding pane while the engine is running and then turn it off it won't accept coding until you back out and re enter. Here's what I would do. With the car locked and off for a few minutes (look inside for the VC and MMI to turn off) unlock the car and without putting your foot on the brake push the start stop. Engine will remain off but VC/HVAC will turn on. From here enter OBDEleven and go to A5, before going into coding go into security access and put the code 20103 in and it will say accepted. Then try making the changes and let us know how it goes.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks. Unfortunately, I am unable to save any of the changes in A5. If I hit the check mark with the engine running I get "(22) Function Cancelled, Marginal Conditions have not been met."

I did see Mitchfin mention somewhere that A5 does not like to accept code changes with the engine running so I tried with the engine off as well. I then got the message "Something Went Wrong. Try again."

Any advice?
Have you had issues with the other modules accepting coding?
Old 10-24-2016, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
Have you had issues with the other modules accepting coding?
No issues with other modules.

I was finally able to get A5 to accept codes by turning the car engine and OBDEleven completely off and starting over, making sure not to turn the car engine on at all.

Lane assist is now working (Yay!). I must say I'm a little surprised at how poorly it sees the lane. I did a 20 minute test drive on a two-lane well- painted (yellow in middle, white on side) road and it only occasionally found the lane. When it did lock in, it did a good job of assisting; however, it was basically useless because it seldom locked into the lane.

Interestingly, at one point it flashed the message "Slow down, over speed limit." I have no idea where that came from because I don't have sign recognition and did not have nav going. It was right, though, as I was over the limit.
Old 10-24-2016, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

No issues with other modules.

I was finally able to get A5 to accept codes by turning the car engine and OBDEleven completely off and starting over, making sure not to turn the car engine on at all.

Lane assist is now working (Yay!). I must say I'm a little surprised at how poorly it sees the lane. I did a 20 minute test drive on a two-lane well- painted (yellow in middle, white on side) road and it only occasionally found the lane. When it did lock in, it did a good job of assisting; however, it was basically useless because it seldom locked into the lane.

Interestingly, at one point it flashed the message "Slow down, over speed limit." I have no idea where that came from because I don't have sign recognition and did not have nav going. It was right, though, as I was over the limit.
Thats interesting, where I am it recognizes the lane lines perfectly, even today it was raining hard and i could barely see the lanes but the car recognized them. The slow down message is part of predictive efficiency, it recognizes that you're going over the map speed limit and there is about to be a speed limit change, it normally shows up as a food on the VC but when you're in the driver assist pane it will show the reasoning in text too.

Glad you got it working!
Old 10-24-2016, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Thats interesting, where I am it recognizes the lane lines perfectly...
Good to know. Perhaps it was a fluke.
Old 10-25-2016, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lane Assist Delay

I read somewhere that there is a setting to delay the turning off of lane assist after the warning. I cannot find it now. Can someone tell me how to delay the turning off of lane assist after the warning? I.e. if you don't steer for sometime it shows you a warning and turns off the lane assist. Can this be delayed? Can this be totally turned off?

Also, Can the speed of 40mph be lowered so that lane assist turns on below 40?
Old 10-25-2016, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by danoarx
I read somewhere that there is a setting to delay the turning off of lane assist after the warning. I cannot find it now. Can someone tell me how to delay the turning off of lane assist after the warning? I.e. if you don't steer for sometime it shows you a warning and turns off the lane assist. Can this be delayed? Can this be totally turned off?

Also, Can the speed of 40mph be lowered so that lane assist turns on below 40?
It's an adaptation under A5 labeled something like driver intervention or something like that that should be set to late
Old 10-25-2016, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's an adaptation under A5 labeled something like driver intervention or something like that that should be set to late
Hi Mitchfin, thanks. I will check it. Can the speed be lowered from 40mph?

Also, you said you will go for service and see if any issues with warranty, so what was your experience?
Old 10-25-2016, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by danoarx
Hi Mitchfin, thanks. I will check it. Can the speed be lowered from 40mph?

Also, you said you will go for service and see if any issues with warranty, so what was your experience?
You know, Audi USA is making a huge deal out of being the number 1 service satisfaction car company in the world. They honestly fall all over themselves at my dealership to make me happy. I can call and ask them outright but I just can't imagine them cancelling a warranty for the coding being discussed here. I'm not even sure that they could unless they could show that you coded something in that caused damage to the car. But they would upset an awful lot of people if they did that. They know full well that the obdeleven and others are out there and that people use them. If they wanted to know I think they would have put something in the system already to detect it.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By law, Audi (or any auto manufacturer) cannot void a warranty because of an aftermarket part or modification, unless that part or modification caused an issue with a part that is covered under warranty. Furthermore, the burden of proof is on the manufacturer to prove that the aftermarket part caused the issue.

More information here: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/article...intenance#will

Quick Reply: Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense)