A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense)

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinB656
The lane assist is easily overcome by a light push of the wheel. I often don't use my signals and have not found it to be inconvenient. I quite like it actually because I can do things like plug in my phone without having to worry about swerving into another lane (or steering with my knees).
That's good to hear. I thought the car would make you stay in the lane irrespective of how you wanted it to go.
Old 11-21-2016, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If I want to disable active lane assist, do I just follow the instructions in reverse?

Just finished a 400 mile drive on snow/ice covered roads and although active lane assist is easy to overcome, it's crazy unnerving when you're driving on slippery surfaces and the wheel wants to turn a little too fast in my opinion..............

Great on the freeway, not so much on narrow two lane twisting roads at night with ice.
Old 11-21-2016, 06:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by acruxksa
If I want to disable active lane assist, do I just follow the instructions in reverse?

Just finished a 400 mile drive on snow/ice covered roads and although active lane assist is easy to overcome, it's crazy unnerving when you're driving on slippery surfaces and the wheel wants to turn a little too fast in my opinion..............

Great on the freeway, not so much on narrow two lane twisting roads at night with ice.
As I recall, you just "uncode" it, BUT you uncode it in the exact reverse order from the install. Last thing installed, first thing uninstalled.
Old 11-21-2016, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

So I'm guessing ideally wait for winter to get over to activate the active lane assist since I'll be doing around 90% of the driving on narrow, two lane roads? Guess I'll do that.
Old 11-21-2016, 10:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, took about 15 minutes in OBDEleven, and boom!
My A4 P+ is driving itself HAHA!
I love all you guys but most importantly, Mitchfin!!!!
Please give me yo payPal!'

If anyone in NYC needs help, let me know.
Old 11-21-2016, 11:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
So I'm guessing ideally wait for winter to get over to activate the active lane assist since I'll be doing around 90% of the driving on narrow, two lane roads? Guess I'll do that.
I would say yes. I really like it on the large highways around here, but once you get off them onto the normal two lane roads, it gets very interesting to say the least. If I was out for a leisurely drive, it would have been fine, but I was pushing it to get from A to B and back to A asap and it was a huge annoyance. And in some cases downright puckering. I guess I could have disabled traction control to disable it, but that just didn't seem like a good idea either given the conditions.

I'll definitely be re-enabling it this spring though.
Old 11-22-2016, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I would say yes. I really like it on the large highways around here, but once you get off them onto the normal two lane roads, it gets very interesting to say the least. If I was out for a leisurely drive, it would have been fine, but I was pushing it to get from A to B and back to A asap and it was a huge annoyance. And in some cases downright puckering. I guess I could have disabled traction control to disable it, but that just didn't seem like a good idea either given the conditions.

I'll definitely be re-enabling it this spring though.
I will listen to you and not activate it now. BTW, if we can get our hands on the stalks with the button to enable and disable the lane assist, like how it is in the prestige trim, do you think it would work? Something for DIYers to ponder upon. I have many friends back in India who have modded their VW cars by changing the stalks to include cruise control and stuff. I'm guessing the only problem should be the cost.
Old 11-22-2016, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please keep in mind that in some cases, the bit that the directions state to turn off/on was already in the appropriate position during the original install, therefore if you do every step backwards, you will be switching some things in the opposite direction that need to remain as they are for other car functionality.

If you did not record this during the original coding, i suggest you look at the history log in obdeleven and only do those steps backwards, not every single one in the directions.
Old 11-22-2016, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Donkihad
Please keep in mind that in some cases, the bit that the directions state to turn off/on was already in the appropriate position during the original install, therefore if you do every step backwards, you will be switching some things in the opposite direction that need to remain as they are for other car functionality.

If you did not record this during the original coding, i suggest you look at the history log in obdeleven and only do those steps backwards, not every single one in the directions.
There was one setting that was already enabled and I remember which one it was. Not from memory, but have it written down on a sheet of paper in my glove box. Also have a print out of the history saved there as well.
Old 11-23-2016, 08:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
Here is the coding and adaptations that I used to activate Audi Active Lane Assist, I am not making any promises or assuming responsibility, code at your own risk, But it worked perfectly for me. I do get a few faults but I think it is due to me trying to activate Traffic Sign Recognition. UPDATE: Unchecking the option for STA in A5 coding (Byte 16->Bit 5) and you will no longer get the congestion assist fault code.

You will get a few bings from your car about Pre Sense Malfunction, these will all go away once you are done. This will activate the self steering, steering wheel vibration, and lane crossing warning. Do all the coding then do adaptations.

If using OBDEleven use all the directions only on the left half of the "|" symbol, if using VCDS use all the directions on the right side of the "|".

UPDATE:
Security codes:
A5- 20103

ALL Coding:

A5 - Frt Sens. Drv. Assist
HC>Active | Byte 16>Bit 7
EFP>Active | Byte 12>Bit 3

17 - Dash Board (One of these may already be on, make sure both are)
Lane Assistant>Active | Byte 4>Bit 6
Lane Change Assistant>Active | Byte 5>Bit 3

09 - Central Electrics
Heading Control Config>heading_control | Byte 35>Bit 0

44 - Steering Assistance
Heading Control Assistant>Active | Byte 2>Bit 7

ALL ADAPTATIONS:

5F - Information Electronics

Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2>menu_display_Lane_De parture_Warning = Set Value to “Activated”

Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2>menu_display_Lane_De parture_Warning_over_threshold_high = Set Value to “Activated”

Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2>LDW_HCA_0x19> Set Value to “Activated”

Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-LDW_HCA_0x19_msg_bus> Set Value to “Terminal 15”

A5 - Frt Sens. Drv. Assist

BAP Personalization = Set Value to “Not Activated”

Personalization of lane dept. warning Cl. 15 on = Set value to “Last Setting”

System mode, lane depart. warn, = Set Value to “Selection via menu”

Switch-on condition, lane depart. warn. = Set value to “On” (I had to toggle this as this is the final step that I believe mimics pressing the button to actually activate it. You know it was successful when the Lane markings show up in the VC)

You can tweak the vibration intensity, warning time, and steering effort in these A5 adaptations:

UPDATE

Directional stabilization assist driver inact deactiv threshold (3 options)

Directional stab. assist.: intensity: steering wheel vibration (3 options)

Directional stab. assist.: intensity: power steering support (3 options)
Great work appreciate it!!

Did you find a code by any chance to activate the lane assist under 40mph?

Quick Reply: Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense)