A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense)

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Strife1013
Thanks for all your work on this! You're going to make everyone happy.
When does your A4 come this month?
Old 10-12-2016, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Anyone here in Colorado that knows how to do this? I'll buy someone a pack of beer.
If you're ever near Salt Lake City id be happy to help.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
When does your A4 come this month?
Not entirely sure, it's at port going through quality checks. Will be there 2 weeks tomorrow. Hope to have it very soon. Love that I can have the the features in the DAP that I want to use and not pay $1800. I never use cruise control so no need for adaptive cruise control either. Those other features aren't worth $1800 but nice to have for free it's a minor software change.

Can this void your warranty? Do you have to flash it back or whatever when it goes in for services of any kind?

Last edited by Strife1013; 10-12-2016 at 08:31 PM.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Not entirely sure, it's at port going through quality checks. Will be there 2 weeks tomorrow. Hope to have it very soon. Love that I can have the the features in the DAP that I want to use and not pay $1800. I never use cruise control so no need for adaptive cruise control either. Those other features aren't worth $1809 but nice to have for free it's a minor software change.

Can this void your warranty? Do you have to flash it back or whatever when it goes in for services of any kind?
Im in the same boat. This should raise any warranty flag but it's always good to recode it if you are concerned. I've had lots of service visits where the mods have never raided a red flag.
Old 10-13-2016, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mitchfin

Do you plan on doing a youtube step by step instruction on how to do all this? I am currently watching youtube videos to learn how. I have no android device....guess I'd have to find a cheap phone on CL or Ebay and pay for the tool.

Is there like a reset feature and/or save profile type stuff so if we took it into the shop we could reset the changes and than for sake of being easy switch to another profile or something that makes changing it back easier?
Old 10-13-2016, 07:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Must the car have navigation to activate trafic sign recognation?
Old 10-13-2016, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by strelec1234
Must the car have navigation to activate trafic sign recognation?
That I'm not sure of. I think the only prerequisite would be needing the driver assist camera.
Old 10-13-2016, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mitchfin, this is great stuff. Do you recommend OBDeleven pro vs VCDS? I've never done anything like this except had a friend do 4 small tweaks with vcds in my b8 years ago. I'm getting a PP allroad without tech in December or January. I was hoping to add as many DAP goodies as I can.

Can I add side assist too or would that require new mirror housing since the non side assist ones probably don't come with the lights.
Old 10-13-2016, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by phanatic
Mitchfin, this is great stuff. Do you recommend OBDeleven pro vs VCDS? I've never done anything like this except had a friend do 4 small tweaks with vcds in my b8 years ago. I'm getting a PP allroad without tech in December or January. I was hoping to add as many DAP goodies as I can.

Can I add side assist too or would that require new mirror housing since the non side assist ones probably don't come with the lights.
Well I have instructions for both, but I think if you're new to it OBDEleven is easier and more straightforward, and cheaper.

Side assist requires rear radars and side mirrors.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
That I'm not sure of. I think the only prerequisite would be needing the driver assist camera.
Vehicle does not need navigation to activate lane assist. All US model A4s are coming with the camera standard for presense city.

Quick Reply: Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense)