A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense)

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Guys

i was wondering if this is possible.

I have the technik package on my car minus the lane assistance sensors. I have the front camera/bumper sensor but not the fog light looking sensors..if that makes any sense to you guys lol

i have the heads up display and was wondering if there is anyway of getting the speed sign to show up without having the senors on my car. was maybe thinking it can be display from the navigation some how.

please let me know if this is possible.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a new issue for me. I need to learn it
Old 08-15-2017, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hey Mitchfin, thanks for your coding instructions, I have successfully turned on the lane assist on my 2018 Q5. Right now I had an issue which is when my speed over 40mph the lane assist becomes green then when my speed below 40 it will give me a chime to warn me the lane assist has been turned off. It's kind of annoying when my speed keep between 30 and 40. So how can I disable that chime or warning message? Thank!
Old 08-17-2017, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 162 Likes on 116 Posts

You can get the multifunction switch for active lane assist w/o adaptive cruise here

https://genuineaudiparts.com/parts/2...&siteid=214407

If the link does not work this is at genuineaudiparts.com. The cost for the switch is $373. If all of the communication is via the CANBUS then it may just work. Who wants to try?

Last edited by SchwarzS6; 08-17-2017 at 05:28 PM.
Old 08-18-2017, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I did the coding (on my 2018 SQ5) and with the assistance of my dealer, installed a steering stalk assembly I purchased on eBay. Had multiple errors, but after they ran the "replace steering stalk" routine, most of the errors disappeared.
At first, the stalk button would not turn off ALA. Long story short, I eventually figured out that in the last step (Switch-on condition, lane depart. warn.), the Adaption should be set to "Selection via menu" as opposed to "On" as in the instructions.
After the change, everything works perfectly as far as the ALA is concerned.
I do however have an issue with a warning in the instrument cluster when I turn the vehicle on - it complains about the heated steering wheel not functioning properly. The thing is, I don't have a heated steering wheel. The donor vehicle obviously had a heated steering wheel. I looked around (especially in Module 16), but the Coding button is greyed out, so I can't go in there to see if I can change the settings. A bit of a bummer. Afterwards, I realised that when I did the same mod on my S8, I did not get the error messages about the steering, ACC etc. That's when I remembered that I had not replaced the vehicle's slip ring with the stalk assembly, but used the vehicle's original slip ring. At the time, I had read that if the original slip ring is used, it prevents the steering wheel errors which could require recalibration of the steering angle sensor.
I can't figure out why the "Coding" button of Module 16 is greyed out. I'm going to try to replace the slip ring that came with the "new" steering stalk assembly, with the vehicle's original slip ring - hopefully, that would take care of the heated steering wheel error.
Old 08-19-2017, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hey guys,

Owner of a 2016 B9, UK version. It has pre-sense front, I'm not sure what level it is, but it's stopped a couple of times for me, I guess I at least have the basic one!

I've done all the coding, checked everything, I get some errors about pre-sense & active lane assist on my dashboard.

I don't have the VC, so as per someone's suggestion on page 22 I skipped one item:

Originally Posted by markadin
I have tried the coding from the first page, but I would always getting the errors on startup (lane assist error + pre sense error). These errors wouldn't go away after a few days, but after disabling the 09 - Central Electrics
Heading Control Config>heading_control | Byte 35>Bit 0
, everything starting working perfectly!
I don't know if it's important, but I don't have the virtual cockpit, neither side assist (no technology packet).
When I did this, I got no errors during coding, but when I turn on the ignition I still get the active lane assist warning.

Does anyone have any ideas? am I missing something? is it possible this can't work on my vehicle? I have high-beam assist installed and working as I have the camera on the windscreen.

Thanks guys!
Old 08-19-2017, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Security codes:
A5- 20103

ALL Coding:

A5 - Frt Sens. Drv. Assist
HC>Active | Byte 16>Bit 7
EFP>Active | Byte 12>Bit 3
Ok, I need some help here. I have a US Premium Plus A5 SB using new VAG. For A5 - Frt Sens..I get an error "Coding rejected Error 22: Conditions not correct or request sequence error" when I flip byte 16 and 12, then hit Do It.

I was able to update the others 17, 09, 44 with no issues.

Any ideas?

thanks
Old 08-20-2017, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The RandomOne
Ok, I need some help here. I have a US Premium Plus A5 SB using new VAG. For A5 - Frt Sens..I get an error "Coding rejected Error 22: Conditions not correct or request sequence error" when I flip byte 16 and 12, then hit Do It.

I was able to update the others 17, 09, 44 with no issues.

Any ideas?
It appears that the 2018 codes are much different and not 100% defined yet. I have new HEX2-CAN running 17.8.0 VCDS and I cannot modify anything in 'A5 - Frt Sens. Drv. Assist' while connected to my 2018 A5 Premium Plus SB [F5A5NY]. I always get an error 22, even when I cut and paste the existing code.

I am having issues with High beam assist, ACC, VIM and Active Lane assist.
The car has no CAN 13 for ACC to talk to.
High beam and Active Lane need access to 'A5 - Frt Sens. Drv. Assist'.
I only want VIM if it will allow me to reply to SMS while driving, but they have changed the location and nowhere can I find the correct coding using VCDS.

I was able to get the Needle Sweep and Lap Timer using the known codes.

Enable Gauge Test/Needle Sweep
17 - Instruments
[Coding - 07]
Byte 1
Bit 0 check on [Staging, Yes]

Enable Lap Timer
17 – Instruments
Byte 01
Bit 3 Lap counter, Yes [check on]

I hate to spend a little more on an obdeleven since I have not found anyone with a 2018 that validates it works for the above.

I guess I will wait patiently.
Old 08-20-2017, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 162 Likes on 116 Posts

Hex-CAN cannot access all modules on the new A4. There may be codes which are different for 2018 but I think that is unlikely. Most likely you need to get a HEX-NET or V2 model from Ross-Tech. I also have a Hex-CAN and have been investigating the upgrades before I start trying to make any changes.
Old 08-22-2017, 07:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
Here is the coding and adaptations that I used to activate Audi Active Lane Assist, I am not making any promises or assuming responsibility, code at your own risk, But it worked perfectly for me. I do get a few faults but I think it is due to me trying to activate Traffic Sign Recognition. UPDATE: Unchecking the option for STA in A5 coding (Byte 16->Bit 5) and you will no longer get the congestion assist fault code.

You will get a few bings from your car about Pre Sense Malfunction, these will all go away once you are done. This will activate the self steering, steering wheel vibration, and lane crossing warning. Do all the coding then do adaptations.

If using OBDEleven use all the directions only on the left half of the "|" symbol, if using VCDS use all the directions on the right side of the "|".

UPDATE:
Security codes:
A5- 20103

ALL Coding:

HC>Active | Byte 16>Bit 7
EFP>Active | Byte 12>Bit 3

17 - Dash Board EDIT:
Lane Assistant>Active | Byte 4>Bit 6
Lane Change Assistant>Active | Byte 5>Bit 3 - This should only be on if you have Audi Side Assist (blind spot monitor).

09 - Central Electrics
Heading Control Config>heading_control | Byte 35>Bit 0

44 - Steering Assistance
Heading Control Assistant>Active | Byte 2>Bit 7

ALL ADAPTATIONS:

5F - Information Electronics

Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2>menu_display_Lane_De parture_Warning = Set Value to “Activated”

Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2>menu_display_Lane_De parture_Warning_over_threshold_high = Set Value to “Activated”

Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2>LDW_HCA_0x19> Set Value to “Activated”

Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-LDW_HCA_0x19_msg_bus> Set Value to “Terminal 15”

BAP Personalization = Set Value to “Not Activated”

Personalization of lane dept. warning Cl. 15 on = Set value to “Last Setting”

System mode, lane depart. warn, = Set Value to “Selection via menu”

Switch-on condition, lane depart. warn. = Set value to “On” (I had to toggle this as this is the final step that I believe mimics pressing the button to actually activate it. You know it was successful when the Lane markings show up in the VC)

You can tweak the vibration intensity, warning time, and steering effort in these A5 adaptations:

UPDATE

Directional stabilization assist driver inact deactiv threshold (3 options)

Directional stab. assist.: intensity: steering wheel vibration (3 options)

Directional stab. assist.: intensity: power steering support (3 options)
Hi Mitchfin

I tried the coding for active lane assist and have encountered the following problems:

When coding, HC>active, my choices are coded and not coded, when I change it to coded and tap the check mark, I get an error that says "(22) Function cancelled, marginal conditions have not been met"

Adaptations: all of the adaptations in the A5 section will not work, saying ," function not allowed"

I have a 2017 A4 all road prestige. Any ideas?

Quick Reply: Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense)