A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense)

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 07:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mitchfin: Thanks so much for the post on enabling active lane assist, I used it on my 2018 Q5 and it worked great!

I was wondering - does anyone know if we can enable "traffic jam assist" that basically enables the Lane keep assist with cruise on at low speeds?

Thanks!
Old 08-24-2017, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/5FG5S"><a href="//imgur.com/5FG5S"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

anyone knows if it will work with this camera?
Old 08-24-2017, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by pepms
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/5FG5S"><a href="//imgur.com/5FG5S"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

anyone knows if it will work with this camera?

anyone knows if it will work with this camera? its a ´17 S3
Old 08-25-2017, 02:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

This camera is for the high beam assist.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default UPDATE

Originally Posted by blorzoga
Hi Mitchfin

I tried the coding for active lane assist and have encountered the following problems:

When coding, HC>active, my choices are coded and not coded, when I change it to coded and tap the check mark, I get an error that says "(22) Function cancelled, marginal conditions have not been met"

Adaptations: all of the adaptations in the A5 section will not work, saying ," function not allowed"

I have a 2017 A4 all road prestige. Any ideas?
I got it to work. I was doing the coding with the engine running (it’s friggin’ hot in Philly). Once I redid it with just the ignition on without the engine running, it took all the coding and adaptation. It didn’t work initially, but when I started the car a couple hours later it was operational. I don’t see any lane lines in the head up display, should I? I know driver assistance information should appear there. Anyone know?
Old 08-26-2017, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got it to work. I was doing the coding with the engine running (it’s friggin’ hot in Philly). Once I redid it with just the ignition on without the engine running, it took all the coding and adaptation. It didn’t work initially, but when I started the car a couple hours later it was operational. I don’t see any lane lines in the head up display, should I? I know driver assistance information should appear there. Anyone know?
I'm in the US- my active lane assist shows on my HUD when the system is activated. If it can't read the lanes it's still there, but the lanes on each side ar gray. Once it detects the lanes, it turns solid green.
Old 08-26-2017, 10:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Did you do the coding of Module 82?
Old 08-27-2017, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BFN949
Did you do the coding of Module 82?
I wasn’t aware of that coding but I found it in this thread and will apply it. Thanks for the tip!
Old 09-01-2017, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The RandomOne
It appears that the 2018 codes are much different and not 100% defined yet. I have new HEX2-CAN running 17.8.0 VCDS and I cannot modify anything in 'A5 - Frt Sens. Drv. Assist' while connected to my 2018 A5 Premium Plus SB [F5A5NY]. I always get an error 22, even when I cut and paste the existing code.

I am having issues with High beam assist, ACC, VIM and Active Lane assist.
The car has no CAN 13 for ACC to talk to.
High beam and Active Lane need access to 'A5 - Frt Sens. Drv. Assist'.
I only want VIM if it will allow me to reply to SMS while driving, but they have changed the location and nowhere can I find the correct coding using VCDS.
Ok, I got this and High Beam Assist to work on 2018 A5 SB
I needed to have ignition on, but not the engine. It took me a little while to find how to do this.

I found this in another post:
"With the car locked and off for a few minutes (look inside for the VC and MMI to turn off) unlock the car and without putting your foot on the brake push the start stop. Engine will remain off but VC/HVAC will turn on. "

Still looking for VIM on 2018 B9s
Old 09-14-2017, 04:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Trying to activate lane assistant with obdeleven...I keep getting a "something went wrong" on the 5F module when I click and adaptation (and coding).

Any ideas/clues/fixes?

Thanks
Tom
2018 SQ5

Quick Reply: Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense)