A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense)

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone had any luck enabling "Traffic Jam Assist"?
Old 09-14-2017, 07:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by amorak
Has anyone had any luck enabling "Traffic Jam Assist"?
That requires that you have the ACC hardware, and if you do, then you already have that feature.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by stanj
That requires that you have the ACC hardware, and if you do, then you already have that feature.
Appreciate the reply; that's incorrect however. My Q5 has the Urban Driver Package that got me ACC and traffic sign recognition but it did NOT come with Active Lane Assist or Traffic Jam Assist. I used the thread here to code Active Lane Assist on but need help turning on traffic jam Assist so the car self drives at low speed.
Old 09-17-2017, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Would anyone be willing to post a detailed walk through of ACTIVE LANE ASSIST for dummies for my 17 A4 PP? I tried to follow the OP post and I am totally lost. Thanks in advance for anyones help. This one is eluding me!
Old 09-17-2017, 08:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Is there any way to get Active Lane Assist to work down below 40mph/65kph? Hate that it shuts off below that speed...

Last edited by amorak; 09-17-2017 at 08:31 PM.
Old 09-26-2017, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

So I have been driving with Active Lane Assist on for several days now and today, I had to disable it with my OBDeleven when I got home from work. Far too aggressive in both trying to keep me in my lane and when changing lanes without a blinker. Concerned this feature will actually cause me to get into an accident versus avoid one. I changed all of the adaptations to the lowest settings and still way too much intervention for my liking. Am I missing something that I can turn on or off that will help mitigate the overly aggressive control or is this just the way it is? Thanks, in advance, for any insight or assistance.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:33 AM
vgt
AudiWorld Member

Setting it to late intervention and no vibration is pretty perfect for me. Leaves you alone unless you're actually going to cross the line. You could also actually try signaling before changing lanes.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks. I do signal before a lane change pretty religiously but there are times in an emergency or you have little time to react that I am referencing. I think I am set up for late intervention already but will check and then turn off the vibrate and see how that feels. I love the concept but found the wheel pulling on me way more than I would like and not nearly as nice as my wife’s Subaru with EyeSight that has Active Lane Assist. Feels very different and more user friendly in the Suby.
Old 09-27-2017, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was bothered by the early intervention but once I changed it to late, I find that it works fine now.
Old 09-27-2017, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by amorak
Appreciate the reply; that's incorrect however. My Q5 has the Urban Driver Package that got me ACC and traffic sign recognition but it did NOT come with Active Lane Assist or Traffic Jam Assist. I used the thread here to code Active Lane Assist on but need help turning on traffic jam Assist so the car self drives at low speed.
uhhh...you’re in an A4 forum.

Quick Reply: Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense)