A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense)

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2020, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rbreeze
I'm guessing yes - that is if you have a late model-year A6 and the vehicle is equipped with Pre sense "city".
hmm, i just purchased my a6 2 days ago. its a 2017 A6 prem plus, cpo.
Old 01-07-2020, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by silver_a6
hmm, i just purchased my a6 2 days ago. its a 2017 A6 prem plus, cpo.
Hmm.. I recommend doing some research on the topic. Your 2017 A6 is a "C7 Platform" vehicle, and I don't know whether that generation A6 supports Pre sense city (and by association, Audi Lane Assist).
Old 01-07-2020, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rbreeze
Hmm.. I recommend doing some research on the topic. Your 2017 A6 is a "C7 Platform" vehicle, and I don't know whether that generation A6 supports Pre sense city (and by association, Audi Lane Assist).
Thanks a lot for your input, I will dig a bit deeper.
Old 01-17-2020, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
Here is the coding and adaptations that I used to activate Audi Active Lane Assist, I am not making any promises or assuming responsibility, code at your own risk, But it worked perfectly for me. I do get a few faults but I think it is due to me trying to activate Traffic Sign Recognition. UPDATE: Unchecking the option for STA in A5 coding (Byte 16->Bit 5) and you will no longer get the congestion assist fault code.

You will get a few bings from your car about Pre Sense Malfunction, these will all go away once you are done. This will activate the self steering, steering wheel vibration, and lane crossing warning. Do all the coding then do adaptations.
Used the OBD11 apps section today to activate lane assist and got all sorts of errors in my VC against pre sense, main beam assist, active lane assist, etc! . Any help please? - I tried clearing faults and that didn't work either.
Old 01-18-2020, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

What car do you have?
Old 01-18-2020, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by audi-one
What car do you have?
Audi A4 B9/8W.
I deactivated part 2 and then part 1 from the app and everything reverted back to normal luckily. I was scared I had messed up as I didn't know to take a backup!

I would like to understand how I maybe able to do this, but I have no experience coding using OBD11
Old 02-01-2020, 03:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I was reading through the thread and I couldn't find any indication if someone managed to enable ALA on an A7 (or A6) using these instructions?
I have an A7 C7 2017 with matrix led, pre sense front, ACC and auto high beams.

I recently purchased OBD11, but I don't want to mess anything up
Old 02-06-2020, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by CDang
I turned mine off with the free Step 2 app. Set it to Original. Then if you ever want it back, set it back on in the same app.
Tried setting it to original but it still on.
I have 4 options, off, original, then the option to set I'd you have the stalk and the one without.

I've tried original and Off but it still activates.
Old 02-22-2020, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I know this a very old thread, but having an issue undo-ing this coding. I'm able to reverse all of it except some of the long coding on the A5 section.

"A5 - Frt Sens. Drv. Assist
HC>Active | Byte 16>Bit 7
EFP>Active | Byte 12>Bit 3"

Changing these two items back to their original "not coded" settings in OBDeleven comes up with an error "(22) Function cancelled, marginal conditions have not been met".

All other changes were rolled back successfully, so I don't think it's an order of operations thing. I've also rolled back all other minor coding changes I had so I don't think it's a conflict. Any ideas?
Old 02-22-2020, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by econometrics365
I know this a very old thread, but having an issue undo-ing this coding. I'm able to reverse all of it except some of the long coding on the A5 section.

"A5 - Frt Sens. Drv. Assist
HC>Active | Byte 16>Bit 7
EFP>Active | Byte 12>Bit 3"

Changing these two items back to their original "not coded" settings in OBDeleven comes up with an error "(22) Function cancelled, marginal conditions have not been met".

All other changes were rolled back successfully, so I don't think it's an order of operations thing. I've also rolled back all other minor coding changes I had so I don't think it's a conflict. Any ideas?
Why not leave it coded and just turn off the switch. It's been mentioned before, I don't recall exactly where it's located. I found it on my own. Turning off is like using the button on the stalk for those that came equipped from the factory.

Quick Reply: Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense)