A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Color

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 04:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Ibis White with Black package (Canadian name)
I like the black and white contrast
Old 04-03-2019, 02:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a Brilliant Black one and would never do it again. I have a ceramic coating on mine as well, but the detailer still was unable to get the paint perfect and you can still see slight hazing. The ceramic coating does help, but I still worry about the paint every time I wash it. The only thing that touches the paint is the microfiber wash mitt. I do a 2 bucket method, and dry with an air dryer. I feel if it was mythos black with the pearl in it that the sparkle would be able to distract the eye from the slight remaining haze, but I'm also a perfectionist with my paint and the condition of my car. If I were to do it all over again I would definitely go Manhattan grey or even the Ibis White. My last A4 was Ibis and it hurt my eyes when it was clean and in the sun it was so bright, but I loved it.
Old 04-03-2019, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by bahnstormerm3
Hello all I am saying goodbye to my 2016 S3, and I decided to get a 2019 A4 but I am torn between two different colors. Both colors will have black optics. The first color is brilliant black and the second color is ibis white. Any input would be great to try to help me decide.

Thanks
Hey, hope my opinions here help...
I saw a brilliant black w/ black optics in Toronto a few weeks ago parked. I found that it took away from some of the nice lines / features of the car.
The black optics with ibis white will look great, but a bit too contrasting in my opinion - almost a boyish look
The black optics on the quantum gray however... that would look really close to your all black, but give it just a bit of contrast. Plus it will hide dirt better than all black. But again, note of ppl's comments on the clear coat quality - it's true.
If you want do go away from base colors, the metalic silvers or greys will all look great too.

I would porbably personally go with metalic silver + black optics. Reduces contrast of white, but color is light enough to not show imperfections as much.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My opinion—Black on black on black (black paint, trim, tires) is just not enough contrast, and you start ‘loosing’ the design language Audi worked so hard to perfect, and really sets this car apart. They start looking blob-ish, or like a jellybean on wheels.
I also would never go Brilliant Black ever again. So beautiful when spotless, but that was only for about 10 seconds after a detail. Not a great choice at all for a paint perfectionist.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

My last 5 cars were white so I am partial that way. I think the black optics look great on a white car. the black for me is just too much plus the issue of the paint. I prefer light color cars which is why I went with the silver this time. Woodsie - when you got the ceramic coating did you notice the paint hazing right away or after some time?
Old 04-03-2019, 12:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Color

Thanks for everyone’s input, I pulled the trigger and decided to go with white but it’s not ibis it’s glacier white with black optics. Again thanks to everyone.
Old 04-03-2019, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by bahnstormerm3
Thanks for everyone’s input, I pulled the trigger and decided to go with white but it’s not ibis it’s glacier white with black optics. Again thanks to everyone.
White with black optics look sick! Storm Tropper flow. PIC please, I just got a 2019 Mythos Black with Black optics.
Old 04-03-2019, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by sirfrancis
White with black optics look sick! Storm Tropper flow. PIC please, I just got a 2019 Mythos Black with Black optics.
Here it is with glacier white and black optics
Old 04-03-2019, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by JDA_yeg
That looks great. I love those wheels over the black ones. What size are those? 19?
Congrats.
Old 04-03-2019, 03:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by JDA_yeg

NICE! Congrats!

Quick Reply: Color