A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

ECS TUNING - WHAT A LET DOWN

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by R8ready
This is my first Audi so i wasnt familiar with which companys out there support the car and make QUALITY parts for it.

was looking for an intake and stumbled upon ECS tuning. I order their intake and was really impressed with it and quality. i thought i found my company that i will purchase my parts from going forward.

I recently purchased the carbon fiber front lip overlay and carbon mirrors. it states its hand made etc etc.

I received my package and was SHOCKED to see "made in china" on the mirror caps bag. No ECS tuning badging. I unwrap it and one clip was broken. Called to get it replaced. ECS sent out a new one and AGAIN clip was broken and this one looks like the clip was broken and they tried to put it back together.

This is horrible. I thought i was paying for top quality and it seems like its made in china. The fact that i received 2 "brand new" caps are both times clips were broken goes to show the quality they are really made from. Called ECS tuning and the guy stated that yes they out source their carbon mirrors to china but have some sort of quality control. Will i can tell you that the quality aint there since I received two orders with the same quality control.

just disappointed that they preach about TOP quality and this happens. dot get me wrong i know not everything is perfect but back to back. that is extremely odd

95% of the carbon parts on the market are 1. not fully carbon, but carbon overlay on a fiberglass lip and 2. made in China. Such is the nature of the aftermarket industry.

A true carbon/carbon lip would cost 4 x as much if it were made in the US due to a variety of reasons. The machinery is incredibly expensive, and so is the labor side