A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Facelift Confirmed for MY19

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 03:13 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cuke2u
If you are saying that they are fake exhausts you are incorrect, they are real outlets for the exhaust, see here https://www.audi-mediacenter.com/en/...top-form-10394
"Two wide, trapezoidal exhaust tailpipes replace the previous round tailpipes"
Exactly.
Old 06-28-2018, 03:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I prefer the new rear end (provided the exhaust tips are real) and the original front end. And just a note, the rear comparison photos are not S-Line to S-Line; the original rear shown is the base.

It's only a few minutes a wash to keep real exhaust tips clean and shiny.
Old 06-28-2018, 04:12 AM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by marz1
I think they made a cost/benefit analysis and decided not to spend too much on the B9 Facelift and instead launch B10 sooner. If they are concerned about B9 sales, I don’t think this Facelift would make much difference and can hardly carry B9 for four more years.
Why couldn't the B9 survive four more years? It's only two years old and has at least been well-received by the automotive press...is there any reason it's seen as poorly-selling? There are certainly loads of B9s here...
Old 06-28-2018, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

[QUOTE=Mike60564;25172439]I prefer the new rear end (provided the exhaust tips are real) and the original front end. And just a note, the rear comparison photos are not S-Line to S-Line; the original rear shown is the base.

+1 Love the old front and new rear.
Old 06-28-2018, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by cuke2u
If you are saying that they are fake exhausts you are incorrect, they are real outlets for the exhaust, see here https://www.audi-mediacenter.com/en/...top-form-10394
"Two wide, trapezoidal exhaust tailpipes replace the previous round tailpipes"
How did you determine that they are functional?
(Audi also calls a non functional diffuser "diffuser".)
Old 06-28-2018, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 124 Likes on 86 Posts

Too bad they didn't make that useless slot next to the volume button longer!
Old 06-28-2018, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 163 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by VM
Why couldn't the B9 survive four more years? It's only two years old and has at least been well-received by the automotive press...is there any reason it's seen as poorly-selling? There are certainly loads of B9s here...
I suspect it will last for 4 more years. Next year will be the typical Audi mid cycle refresh to the B9.5 with some new styling, maybe new headlights, updated electronics and perhaps a new engine/tranny but it will be on the same chassis. The B9.5 will last 3 year and then the B10 will come out.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by VM
I didn’t say B9 won’t survive until end of its life cycle. There are several reports that Audi is not happy with the B9 sales. Yes the car was well received by the press but apparently isn’t selling well compared to its rivals and I don’t think this very minor Facelift would change that. Maybe a more dramatic facelift comes next year but I doubt Audi does two facelifts within a year.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The B9's major competitors are getting either a significant update (Mercedes C) or a whole new model (BMW 3) this year. If the B9's MCA is limited to basically new bumpers, I would definitely expect the B10 by MY21. A very minor facelift isn't likely to do much for flagging sales, especially in the face of stiffer competition.

The B10 would also be the logical opportunity to refresh the A4's tech package to include the next-gen MMI (as seen in the A6+), make a number of currently-optional DAP features standard across the board, and potentially offer some of the new semi-autonomous tech available in the A6+, depending on cost and competitive pressure. And at least one hybrid drivetrain, surely.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by Vandelay
I don’t know if those exhausts are real. It kind of looks just like the ones on the q5 but less obviously fake and slightly deeper? Hard to tell in the press photos.

This is seems to be a very mild refresh even by audi’s conservative standards, which I don’t mind since my B9 won’t look dated for a while ;-). I wonder if the US will see this as a 2019 model or if we will have to wait for MY2020? That said, I’m so glad they are redesigning all of the wheels!

Quick Reply: Facelift Confirmed for MY19