A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Google Pixel 2 and 2018 A4 Issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the replies regarding which cable to use. I've been using AmazonBasics USB A (3.1) to C and it's been working great, with a few exceptions:

1. Phone has restarted twice while on a call (I think this is not an AA bug, but rather a Pixel 2 issue as apparently a fix is in the works)
2. AA has not launched occassionaly when plugged in. I'm going to toggle Request video focus on start and see if that helps
3. Most annoyingly, I can no longer use the ringtone from the Car (says the phone does not support it) and I have to use my phone's ringtone, which is very quiet. So, most of the time I only see the call coming on my display and don't really hear it. My old Samsung S6 Edge+ allowed the car to override the ringtone when someone was calling. Is there a way to get this back?
Old 01-09-2018, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey QballDS

I have a Pixel (1st gen) XL and I cannot get my MMI to ring upon incoming calls... MMI defaults to the Kalimba ringtone, but I cannot change the ring type or volume (yes, when my A5 is in park) and the MMI setting says "your device is incompatible"...

Have you made any progress with this issue and your Pixel 2?
Old 02-21-2018, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pixel 2 and Audi Q5 2018 issue

Originally Posted by scoopman
One more tip: if you are still within your first 6 months of Audi Connect, make sure you enter your car's Wifi info into your Android phone so that you can stream all the audio you want courtesy of Audi :-)

You should also be downloading offline Google Maps for your area -- do a Google search on that one so it reduces unnecessary data usage.
Hi there Scoopman,

I am experiencing contacts issue on my q5 2018 with 8.1 pixel 2. After Feb 5 patch only a small amount of my contacts show up with their names. For the rest, only the phone number is listed. This is happening only on the car "regular" phone menu. Within AA all names show up. Any idea what I could do? Tried repairing but no effect

Thanks in advance for any tip you might have!
Old 02-25-2018, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrian Alexandrescu
Hi there Scoopman,

I am experiencing contacts issue on my q5 2018 with 8.1 pixel 2. After Feb 5 patch only a small amount of my contacts show up with their names. For the rest, only the phone number is listed. This is happening only on the car "regular" phone menu. Within AA all names show up. Any idea what I could do? Tried repairing but no effect

Thanks in advance for any tip you might have!
Sounds like you're having problems with the Audi MMI contacts list? I would look in Audi's MMI Telephone menu for the Settings and see if there's a way to force it to re-sync contacts.

If AA is showing all of the contacts correctly, there's something going on in transferring the contacts via BT. You could also delete the car in AA's settings which should force a re-pairing with the car and may transfer the contacts correctly.
Old 02-25-2018, 11:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Yes AA was showing all contacts perfectly, it was a BT transfer problem. Tried everything. Only worked after a full factory reset of the Google Pixel....
Old 06-19-2018, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I had the issue with my new Pixel 2 XL of it dropping off quite often. Thankfully changing the cable did the trick! Who would think that a cable could be so probematic
Old 09-27-2018, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, my Pixel 2 and Android Auto started acting up and I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this: when I plug in the phone to the car the system is balky at firing up. When it does, if I've sent map directions to my phone and try to pull them up with AA/MMI the screen flashes repeatedly from the map to the directions like it is trying to to pull things up but can't. It eventually just quits to the map, which then isn't tracking normally. In a slightly related issue I had these issues earlier in the day and when I used the car later the camera system went black when using the parking navigation cameras. I parked the car, turned it off, went and did some errands, and when I came back the cameras were fine again. I guess it could be my USB cable, but its really pretty new with little usage. Anyone else experiencing anything like this? I have to wonder if an update to Google Maps has choked something.

JG