A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Guide: Enable Google Earth/Traffic on Canada spec Audi

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmorais
If this is the case for you you'll actually get more than 3 months. you'll go on demo mode and when they switch the radioID over to the plan with the car it will start the 3 months over (or should).

When did you get your car? Check your VIN on their lookup tool at SiriusXM VIN Lookup | SiriusXM.ca. If it gives you your radioID then all should be good. If you're on a demo vs the 3 months Audi service, the agent could change the plan to that.

I should throw in the caveat, if you're already on your Audi plan and it's branded properly, the agent could very well have been bull**ting you. lol. It's been quite a while since I was involved in SiriusXM so things could have changed but the phrase "not branded" points to the specific issue I detailed.

Hope that helps.
Ok - so I checked out the VIN lookup and it says: "EXCELLENT! YOU HAVE XM INSTALLED IN YOUR VEHICLE JUST WAITING TO BE ACTIVATED!" and then gives me the Radio ID.

This means that I'm on the Audi plan already? Or I'm still in demo, and if I call, I will get 3 months service from when I activate it?

Thanks again!
Old 07-18-2017, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by QballDS
Ok - so I checked out the VIN lookup and it says: "EXCELLENT! YOU HAVE XM INSTALLED IN YOUR VEHICLE JUST WAITING TO BE ACTIVATED!" and then gives me the Radio ID.

This means that I'm on the Audi plan already? Or I'm still in demo, and if I call, I will get 3 months service from when I activate it?

Thanks again!
Well there are two possibles. You're either on the 3 month Audi plan now that it's branded....or you're on a demo and the agent can switch to the "branded" plan and start 3 months.

Give them a call and find out.
Old 08-10-2017, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

I found that changing byte15 Phone NAD in long coding in module 5F enables the external sim card to be read. Antenna bars show up but grayed out if not close to towers. Near the tower 2g, 3g and even lte icons show up next to 2-3 bars of antenna.
Old 08-11-2017, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by boshiku
I found that changing byte15 Phone NAD in long coding in module 5F enables the external sim card to be read. Antenna bars show up but grayed out if not close to towers. Near the tower 2g, 3g and even lte icons show up next to 2-3 bars of antenna.
That's an awesome find! Do you know when using the external SIM card, can we activate more of the Audi Connect features?
(i.e. inrix traffic, other audi connect features)
When i activated the Audi Connect world icon on the MMI, it always gave me an error that I had no data connection (even though i was connected to my phone via tethering). Wondering with the external SIM card present, if we can actually get it to connect now??
Old 08-11-2017, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mlavio829
That's an awesome find! Do you know when using the external SIM card, can we activate more of the Audi Connect features?
(i.e. inrix traffic, other audi connect features)
When i activated the Audi Connect world icon on the MMI, it always gave me an error that I had no data connection (even though i was connected to my phone via tethering). Wondering with the external SIM card present, if we can actually get it to connect now??
Audi connect functions are not available with external sim, no google search, no online POI, no traffic info. Only thing it is useful is to have google earth overlay and for hotspot in the car for other devices.
If anyone can enable other functions, will be glad to see how is it done

Last edited by boshiku; 04-05-2019 at 07:00 AM.
Old 08-22-2017, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi I am new to this forum. Received my A5 SB last Friday and disappointed to see there isn't google earth and all cool future other countries have. I have complained to Audi Canada and below is their answer;
Thank you for contacting Audi Canada

We were disappointed to learn that the Audi Connect features have not proven up to your expectations so far. Additional features come as part of the Audi Connect Infotainment Services, which are not available in Canada. These services require a second SIM and additional hardware, which Audi Canada does not currently provide support for.

Audi Connect Infotainment Services will however be coming to Canada in the near future. While the details of the upcoming Audi Connect Infotainment Services have not been released, we can confirm that they will be comparable to services already offered in the US.

We appreciate that you took the time to share your feedback with us as it enables us to determine which features and options should be considered for the Canadian market. However, please note that any vehicles presently purchased cannot be retrofitted with newly available connected services.

Should you have any additional questions or comments please do not hesitate to contact us through our Customer Care Center at (800) 822-2834. We are open Monday through Friday 8:00am to 8:00pm, Eastern Standard Time.

Please be advised that you may receive a short survey by e-mail regarding your experience with our Customer Care Center. Please take a few moments to complete this. Your feedback is important and will allow us to serve you more effectively in the future.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

i've also enabled google earth in my 18 s5 SB
question, instead of using hotspot to tether, can the audi use the data cable to tether?

also, anyone know how to enable messages/email reading while in motion?
i've used the obdeleven to enable VIM but messages are still blocked when driving

tia
Old 10-05-2017, 10:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sirius Traffic on Canada spec Audi

sorry in advance for the bad photos. its incredibly bright today
this mod was done on an 18 A5 (B9)
After setting the
IDE05111-Fee-based traffic information (TMC) - 1537
i got a new Traffic information menu but with no traffic subscription there was no data

I spent about 20 minutes on the phone with the Sirius XM rep. who just didn't want to believe that i can have the traffic data added to my subscription because my car wasn't on their list and he kept referring me to their website.
long story short the supervisor had to repeat the company line that it cant be done but than created an escalation ticket in the system for tech support to look into it.
about a day later i got a call from a very happy and curious tech support staff and in about 5 minutes everything was done.
i ended up only getting the Sirius traffic add-on and not the travel link

now here is the part where things work but a little weirdly
under the traffic menu, i get a lot of traffic data such as road closure, lane restrictions and construction. (i apparently didn't take a photo of this)
and even though im in Toronto, the first things that show up as traffic data are about 400 KMs away in the US. within a minute i get the local data, its just weird that it does that.

all that info also gets icons all around the map. but no roads and highways get any of the typical colour coding i've seen on other maps.
i made sure that under the map settings traffic is selected (everything is in my case)

now when i pick a destination, my choices will have the current delays displayed

if you decide to choose one of the choices that takes longer, it will star the navigation but it also gives you the option of taking a quicker path
on the fly with a small icon on the top right that says how much time you'd be saving (another photo that i cant seem to find)

If anyone figures out why speed data isn't showing up on the map, i'd love to know
but all in all, it does work. and i'm really glad it does.
I've had apple maps lock up on me a few times, its not a big deal when you know where you are going. but as soon as you leave town, one missed exit can be a 30 minute delay to get back to where i wanna be
Old 10-07-2017, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ekyp
- Looks like only Sirius Traffic would work. I've tried to use code 65533, 32768, 32771 (these are code for Online Traffic for the MMI) in the IDE05111-Fee-based traffic information (TMC) adaptation. They all enabled the 'Use Online Traffic' checkbox, but none of them shows any traffic information for Canada. Maybe there's another code for Canada?
Hi everyone,

I have a 2017 S3 Technik (Canadian) and I've been trying to get SiriusXM Traffic working on the MMI displays. I had a shop enable the TMC and now I have the "use online traffic" checkboxes for both map displays but like the OP cannot seem to receive any data from Sirius. I'm wondering too if there is a different code to enable it in Canada for the S3. Seems that the screen of the Vancouver area in the original post is a Canadian car and it's working. Does anyone have any suggestions? Willing to try a bunch of codes to see if something works!

Thanks!
Old 10-08-2017, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by scottn
Hi everyone,

I have a 2017 S3 Technik (Canadian) and I've been trying to get SiriusXM Traffic working on the MMI displays. I had a shop enable the TMC and now I have the "use online traffic" checkboxes for both map displays but like the OP cannot seem to receive any data from Sirius. I'm wondering too if there is a different code to enable it in Canada for the S3. Seems that the screen of the Vancouver area in the original post is a Canadian car and it's working. Does anyone have any suggestions? Willing to try a bunch of codes to see if something works!

Thanks!
Try to use 34305 in TMC settings, that should put colour coding onto map.

Quick Reply: Guide: Enable Google Earth/Traffic on Canada spec Audi