Guide: Enable Google Earth/Traffic on Canada spec Audi

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave_D
Thanks for your reply.

$4/month only if you have a US address?

Didn't know Waze worked on Android Auto, need to look into that.
They do not have traffic only service in canada, I subscribed on us site of siriusxm instead. I just put my brother&s address, but used canadian CC for subscription (typed in billing address in US, and it worked for me).
Old 10-11-2017, 06:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boshiku
They do not have traffic only service in canada, I subscribed on us site of siriusxm instead. I just put my brother&s address, but used canadian CC for subscription (typed in billing address in US, and it worked for me).
Wow, can't believe it worked with different billing address! Thanks for this.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Andy ****
Hello my friend. I just did what you do.
i have a question, which package you have for USA?
Did you have Nav weather?
i got Siriusxm traffic. Tried subscribing for traffic plus, but didn't work, probably different tmc code for that
Old 10-11-2017, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Applied the same TMC code as you did and I have color-coded map. But the color map is weird. For example, High way 7 only have one side. For another side, it does not show up anything.
I noticed the color does not cover all the major roads in Toronto. Only highways are coved. compare to audi connect, siriusxm is really bad.

For the TMC code you mentioned above, can you tell me where you get this code?
Thank you

1537 was the code I found online for Siriusxm traffic , added 32768 to it to get "online" functions, that helped to show colour codes on the map. Coverage is really bad though.
could not figure out tmc codes for other Sirius services like traffic plus and Navwhatever.
and BTW, hwy7 colour coded on both sides for me
Old 10-11-2017, 09:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

I found something pretty interesting. On siriusXM website, it said " Licensed materials from TomTom including its maps and/or TMC codes and tables are used in production, testing and/or delivery of SiriusXM Traffic products. The following copyright notices apply to such materials:"
Does that mean all traffic information is from TomTom? I checked TomTom traffic information and it was pretty good. It has all the color maps.

The website from TomTom.
https://mydrive.tomtom.com/en_ca/#+v....07,0,-0+ver=3

Also, I found the tool from TomTom to let their GPS receive the TMC
https://www.tomtom.com/en_ca/drive/a...ffic-receiver/

It said "Works in any country where TMC traffic is available."
Does that mean there will be a TMC code just for TomTom for their traffic information?

For this website, I think it provides TMC in Toronto but do we have any way to know their TMC code?
Toronto, Canada
i think Tom Tom is using Fm frequency to transmit data. Australia has also traffic info coming through Fm, but their tmc code of 1024 does nothing for our model. Probably Canadian traffic info is encrypted, or our receivers are not coded to correctly interpret info.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by boshiku
Try to use 34305 in TMC settings, that should put colour coding onto map.
Just circling back to report that this worked perfectly for me as well but by this point other posters have confirmed the same thing. In terms of how well it works I find in the Greater Toronto Area works well on all highways and a lot of heavily travelled main roads in the downtown core and other random places all over the place. It's obviously not as good as Google Maps traffic or the Inrix system but it's good IMHO. I've had it for about a year in my 2017 Touareg as well and find it very useful. As the other poster mentioned I also have the US SiriusXM in both cars. Originally this was more to do with channel selection but it turns out their ability to onboard a wider range of models for the traffic service is also useful. The Canadian operation couldn't add our Touareg at all and deny that it works or is possible. Thanks again to everyone for the help!
Old 11-23-2017, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default FYI...letter from Audi

Thank you for contacting Audi Canada.

At this time, Google Maps and Wi-Fi is not offered in Canada. The Google Maps navigation display and Wi-Fi offered in the US is part of the Audi Connect Infotainment Services, which are not available in Canada. These services require a second SIM and additional hardware, which Audi Canada does not currently provide support for.

Audi Connect Infotainment Services will however be coming to Canada in the near future. While the details of the upcoming Audi Connect Infotainment Services have not been released, we can confirm that they will be comparable to services already offered in the US. Please note that any vehicles presently purchased cannot be retrofitted with newly available connected services.

Should you have any additional questions or comments please do not hesitate to contact us through our Customer Care Center at (800) 822-2834. We are open Monday through Friday 8:00am to 8:00pm, Eastern Standard Time.

Please be advised that you may receive a short survey by e-mail regarding your experience with our Customer Care Center. Please take a few moments to complete this. Your feedback is important and will allow us to serve you more effectively in the future.

Sincerely,

Adam Al Husseini

Customer Relations / Service à la clientèle

Audi Canada

Toll free / sans frais: 1-800-822-2834

Fax / Télécopieur: 1-905-428-5867

www.audi.ca
Old 12-10-2017, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Would someone be so kind to send me a dump of their unit 5F for comparison? Below is a compilation of 5F from my 2016 TT, a 2017 TT from the UK, a 2015 TT from Italy and a 2017 A4.

I will try 34305 for TMC although I have a feeling that more is required on my car, or may be impossible. I have really old firmware. I recall once changing an adaptation and then upon reset, my navigation would fail to find all the satellites. Backups are good !

thank you!

Old 12-11-2017, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 21tesla
Would someone be so kind to send me a dump of their unit 5F for comparison? Below is a compilation of 5F from my 2016 TT, a 2017 TT from the UK, a 2015 TT from Italy and a 2017 A4.

I will try 34305 for TMC although I have a feeling that more is required on my car, or may be impossible. I have really old firmware. I recall once changing an adaptation and then upon reset, my navigation would fail to find all the satellites. Backups are good !

thank you!

What does the TMC value of 34305 provide in Canada?
Sirius XM works with the TMC value (1537) in the earlier threads, but i find it to be unreliable.

What is the difference?
Old 03-24-2018, 08:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Zoich
Still no go.
Double checked the adaptation settings as described. All good there.
Was able to connect to my phone (user error) - for future reference, need iPhone to remain on personal hotspot page and remain the page open so it could be discovered.

Google earth initialization screen hung there... after 25 min, I gave up. I still think for my car there is an data flow issue. Car is connected to the wifi, but it's not connected to the internet to truly get to google earth servers. Are there some other adaptation I should at?
Hi, have you ever sorted it out? I'm getting stuck on the same screen

Quick Reply: Guide: Enable Google Earth/Traffic on Canada spec Audi