A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

How long was the wait for 1st email from Owning in Waiting

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered my A4 on March 4th. I dropped by the dealership yesterday and sales guy said the order had been accepted and delivery is estimated for sometime between May 25 to June 22. So between 2 ½ and 3 ½ months from order.

He has never heard of a Customer In Waiting program. Said mine is only the 2nd custom order he's done
Old 03-19-2017, 07:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jeffj2h
I ordered my A4 on March 4th. I dropped by the dealership yesterday and sales guy said the order had been accepted and delivery is estimated for sometime between May 25 to June 22. So between 2 ½ and 3 ½ months from order.

He has never heard of a Customer In Waiting program. Said mine is only the 2nd custom order he's done
I'd never heard of it either until I came here. I've seen quite a few others that were on this email program. Apparently the dealership signs you up for it, then you'll get periodic emails from Audi when your vehicle reaches stages such as build completion, export port arrival etc.
I haven't asked about this yet, i'm just waiting on my COMM# but then I will be inquiring about this
Old 03-19-2017, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by A4inPgh
I placed order on Jan 2. Watched dealer enter it and got printout of COMM# right there. They said 2-3 weeks for the order to get "accepted". It wasn't accepted until 6+ weeks later (2/14) and locked for changes on 2/23.

Build is scheduled for 3/20 and my in hands ETA is around 4/15. So all in - 3 1/2 months. Not bad. I was assuming 4+ so I am happy - but I never got any emails from Audi. All this was from pestering dealer every week and demanding they send screen shots from ordering system.

Dealer swears I was signed up for automated updates but I never got anything.
This sounds like the same schedule my allroad is currently setup for as well. Really looking forward to receiving my vehicle.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

So, my order was placed on 27 Feb and was not accepted until 13 March when Audi provided the monthly dealer allocations. SYMAWD let me know my lock date was 15 March, just 2 days after being accepted...that was an awfully small window for changes.....I asked my saleperson to make 1 small change....build week is set for 1717 with completion o/a 28 April and ready for pick up from the dealer sometime in June
Old 03-21-2017, 04:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by meijerbrantm
This sounds like the same schedule my allroad is currently setup for as well. Really looking forward to receiving my vehicle.
Ha! My car "missed the boat". Now the shipping status is Red on the printout. It was supposed to ship last weekend. Still in Germany.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Audi-in-Van
I've been seeing that here. Pretty cool you can see the ships transit and get a better idea of the cars actual landing. Thanks for the link!
It can also be a bit frustrating: in my case I watched my ship sit off the coast of Halifax doing between .4 and .7 knots for two days before she steamed into port .

My timeline was as follows: car ordered from dealer on November 14th, 2016, and rolled off the production line January 30th, 2017. It shipped on the Viking Adventure which left Emden on February 9th, and arrived in port on February 25th, after the aforementioned loitering off the coast of Nova Scotia. It was in Toronto on March 8th, and arrived at my dealer on March 14th. I took delivery on March 16th at 1000. By 1001 it was already white with road salt...
Old 03-21-2017, 07:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also, because I'm a bit of a button pusher (although I think I'm totally hilarious), I'll just provide this really interesting link... just to add to your anxiety whilst your vehicle is at sea:

https://www.wired.com/2008/02/ff-seacowboys/

In all seriousness: it really is a fascinating, somewhat tragic story.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I just had an update that my 2017 A4 factory order is arriving earlier than expected. The last news I had was on 2/23 that my car was complete and on the way to disembarkation at Emden. I checked in with my dealer at that point who estimated arrival in late April or early May (which in retrospect may have just been a matter of managing my expectations as experience has taught me to take with a grain of salt most things that emanate from a car salesman's mouth). In any case, I was surprised and delighted to get an e-mail from Audi on Friday (3/24) saying that my car had arrived in Houston. The dealer followed up to ask if I could take delivery in Seattle this week. So barring any further delays (knock wood), the whole process took roughly ten and a half weeks from order to delivery.
Old 04-07-2017, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

So I was getting ready to go to bed and decided to check my email before I did; and wouldn't you know it, the very first email I saw was from Audi, letting me know that my car has gone into production.......
My production completion date was originally 28 April, with expected delivery sometime in June. So I am not sure if this means that my car will be completed sooner. I have asked someone to look into it and find out......if it really is gonna be done sooner, then I'm assuming I would be getting the car about 2-3 weeks sooner than originally expected......Sadly, I won't be home until 1st week of July....will need to decide if I want the car to sit at the dealer or chance my wife driving it home and leaving it in the garage.......
Old 04-07-2017, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I got notification mines on a boat and on its way.

Getting really excited!

Quick Reply: How long was the wait for 1st email from Owning in Waiting