A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

How long was the wait for 1st email from Owning in Waiting

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by eric_p
Here's an older schedule I downloaded when checking on mine. Maybe yours is the "Viking Adventure" or the "Viking Conquest". Do you have a Davisville port ETA? Compare that to what's on the schedule?

Viking Adventure left on the 8th and my ship departure was the 5th... So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's why I wasn't sure. I was taking a guess that if they didn't actually all go through PWL, that it could be: https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais.../shipid:408947

Looking online, that boat has been known to carry Porsche's so still crossing my fingers.

Last edited by meijerbrantm; 04-09-2017 at 10:42 AM.
Old 04-09-2017, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eric_p
You can look up the shipping schedules here:

The PWL Group

In the 1st drop-down under "Liner Schedules" select a US destination, likely "USA Gulf". Then select the VW export option under the 2nd. The schedule should auto-open/download.
Thanks for the info.

Does anyone know typically how many days after the production completion date that they ship the car.?
Old 04-09-2017, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

How about 6 months from order to delivery on the US west coast.

Of course, there's a slight catch... European delivery ~3 1/2 months after ordering plus 11 weeks from car drop-off to final delivery. I only drove 2 days in Germany but managed to hit 115mph on the autobahn.

Interesting points:
1) dealer never took a deposit from me, I paid in full shortly before I left for Europe.
2) dealer and Audi America kept me appraised of the build status and agenda at Ingolstadt.
3) the logistics company provided web links for ship and customs tracking.

I've had the car here for almost 6 weeks and loving it!
Old 04-13-2017, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by meijerbrantm
I was looking things shipped from Emden to Davisville.

I was told my order was shipped on the 5th, and the only ship I could find that was headed there, was not listed on the PWL group. So I'm not sure if I'm following the wrong ship or if they also contract to some other carriers as well.
The "Wisdom Ace" departed Emden 4/5 and is due to arrive in Davisville RI 4/15/17. It was listed as "Ship 65" on the forms for some cars. There are a number Audis on it (my A4 is one of them).

Last edited by MDAudi; 04-13-2017 at 06:29 PM.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

If production of my A4 was supposed to be completed by yesterday or today......anyone know what the chances it would be on the Viking Queen or Adriatic Highway with delivery to USA Gulf - Houston

Last edited by Nuttz4Sports; 04-14-2017 at 05:57 AM.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuttz4Sports

If production of my A4 was supposed to be completed by yesterday or today......anyone know what the chances it would be on the Viking Queen or Adriatic Highway with delivery to USA Gulf - Houston
mine made it to a ship departing 8 days after production. Check if Viking queen is delayed in arriving at Emden, then there are chances else it should go on Adriatic.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by samsj
mine made it to a ship departing 8 days after production. Check if Viking queen is delayed in arriving at Emden, then there are chances else it should go on Adriatic.

Thanks for the info....I just checked and the Viking Queen is scheduled to get to Emden on the 16th, 3 days before it's supposed to leave, so I may be out of luck on that one. The Adriatic Highway is currently docked in Halifax, so I'm guessing my car may get on that one.

First, I guess I need to make sure there was no delay in completing my car. I'll see if I can have someone check. But there is always hope it was completed earlier than expected and may still make the Viking Queen.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

So sadly, the completion of my A4 was pushed back a week. So no chance it will be on the Viking Queen as the completion date is the same date the Viking Queen sets sail. So I guess it will more likely end up on the Splendid Ace, unless they can get it to the port within three days of completing it and make it to the Adriatic Highway, which I doubt.

It was all too good to be true. Should have not got my hopes up when they sent me the email telling me my A4 went into production.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

So SYMAWD let me know my A4 completion date was pushed again to 21 Apr (Today). I really hope it gets completed today. But I am not sure how long it will take to get to a ship. The splendid ace eaves on 25 Apr, but that may be to soon. The next one that would stop in Houston leaves on the 29th and that might be more realistic.

Old 04-23-2017, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ok, so I got an email from Audi confirming that my car is on it's way to Emden to get on a ship. The first ship that is supposed to leave there is the Adriatic Highway, but when I look at the Marine website, it looks like it's still in Halifax, Canada.....last update shows as of 17 April. since I don't have a membership, I can't see it's updated location. This ship was originally supposed to leave on 25 April.

It would very much appreciated if anyone with an account and membership would be able to tell me if the Adriatic Highway has actually left Halifax. Otherwise, it looks like I will need to wait for the Splendid Ace to get there.

Last edited by Nuttz4Sports; 04-23-2017 at 07:48 PM.

Quick Reply: How long was the wait for 1st email from Owning in Waiting