A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Interior Ambient Lighting

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 05:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Interior Ambient Lighting

So I've (and I think others also) managed to enable the multicolor ambient lighting options in the MMI through use of OBDeleven. It doesn't work of course, only changes the brightness of the white. Now I'm wondering whether anybody is aware of the part number(s) for the multicolor capable LEDS? I doubt they'd be possible to install with any reasonable amount of effort due to cabling issues, but I'm curious nonetheless.
Old 01-12-2017, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by b92017
So I've (and I think others also) managed to enable the multicolor ambient lighting options in the MMI through use of OBDeleven. It doesn't work of course, only changes the brightness of the white. Now I'm wondering whether anybody is aware of the part number(s) for the multicolor capable LEDS? I doubt they'd be possible to install with any reasonable amount of effort due to cabling issues, but I'm curious nonetheless.
Hey, here's the site to the part diagram for all interior lighting for the B9. As you can see, there are multiple version for each part so maybe one of them is for the multicolour led light?

http://nemiga.com/cat_spares/etka/audi/a4/849u/947100/
Old 02-16-2020, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ekyp
Hey, here's the site to the part diagram for all interior lighting for the B9. As you can see, there are multiple version for each part so maybe one of them is for the multicolour led light?

http://nemiga.com/cat_spares/etka/audi/a4/849u/947100/
you will not have a site like that of the elements but with all the electrical harnesses to feed the RGB LEDs? for coding still nobody knows how to unlock it with VCDS? or VCP?
Old 03-02-2020, 04:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hello, this is my very first post here, I'm glad seeing such a huge community. Regarding the interior lights, inside the description, I see something called "Light package". Is it the colored one, or how do I know the type of it? The car has not yet reached my country. Thank you in advance.
Old 03-02-2020, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by dr.dumi
Hello, this is my very first post here, I'm glad seeing such a huge community. Regarding the interior lights, inside the description, I see something called "Light package". Is it the colored one, or how do I know the type of it? The car has not yet reached my country. Thank you in advance.
I believe the light package is just the standard white LEDs and the Advanced light package is the RGB LEDs with additional lights on the front doors above the door handle
Old 03-02-2020, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

So basically, it should be called differently rather than "light package" inside the option list?
Old 04-15-2020, 12:19 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi all,

ive done a few retrofits on my B9 S5 (surround cameras, folding mirrors, LED headlights, carbon steering wheel ect) and with the boredom of isolation I thought i might give this a go as its been bugging me for a while. Ive read a few posts about how hard it will be, this guy went for a really nice upgrade but I'm an OEM guy so really wanted a stock solution:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...2905608/page6/
So i bit the bullet and ordered a set of cables and LEDs off Aliexpress:

Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com - this also shows the part numbers needed for the multi coloured LEDs
ive ordered from them a few times, the quality is great but no instructions, so have downloaded the wiring diagrams and as much info as i can from erWin in preparation and have already activated the controls using VCDS (with the help of the first link)

I understand this will mean pretty much stripping out the whole interior of the car (ive done that a couple of times already so no issues there) but if anyone has already done this or has points or advice it would be greatly appreciated, ill take some pics along the way and update as i go, no doubt it will all arrive just as were all allowed out again and it will end up being a weekend project.
The following users liked this post:
Craig Williams (09-20-2020)
Old 09-20-2020, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default retrofit rgb leds

Originally Posted by jonneyflame
Hi all,

ive done a few retrofits on my B9 S5 (surround cameras, folding mirrors, LED headlights, carbon steering wheel ect) and with the boredom of isolation I thought i might give this a go as its been bugging me for a while. Ive read a few posts about how hard it will be, this guy went for a really nice upgrade but I'm an OEM guy so really wanted a stock solution:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...2905608/page6/
So i bit the bullet and ordered a set of cables and LEDs off Aliexpress:

Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com - this also shows the part numbers needed for the multi coloured LEDs
ive ordered from them a few times, the quality is great but no instructions, so have downloaded the wiring diagrams and as much info as i can from erWin in preparation and have already activated the controls using VCDS (with the help of the first link)

I understand this will mean pretty much stripping out the whole interior of the car (ive done that a couple of times already so no issues there) but if anyone has already done this or has points or advice it would be greatly appreciated, ill take some pics along the way and update as i go, no doubt it will all arrive just as were all allowed out again and it will end up being a weekend project.
Hey jonneyflame, I just order mines as well only difference is that I have the A4 B9 please post pictures or videos of the process 😊 I also have the .xml flies for those who wants them i use the ODIS-E method of uploading the files straight to the "BCM/central Electics Module" of the car instead of coding etc so like I said i have the 2017 A4 B9 premium plus which means mines only comes with the white atmosphere lights instead of the multicolored option you'd get in the prestige models. So yes please share your journey, ill definitely do the same. Cheers mate 🍻
Old 09-23-2020, 08:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig Williams
Hey jonneyflame, I just order mines as well only difference is that I have the A4 B9 please post pictures or videos of the process 😊 I also have the .xml flies for those who wants them i use the ODIS-E method of uploading the files straight to the "BCM/central Electics Module" of the car instead of coding etc so like I said i have the 2017 A4 B9 premium plus which means mines only comes with the white atmosphere lights instead of the multicolored option you'd get in the prestige models. So yes please share your journey, ill definitely do the same. Cheers mate 🍻
I just also did the retrofit on the A5, everything is working as it should. but i am getting these errors , i only got them when i uploaded the A4 dataset to the A5, which i thought it would be the same. VCP does not have the dataset of A5 yet, their support is really slow.
Do you have the XML file for the A5 ? thanks a lot

ddress 09: Cent. Elect. (J519) Labels:* None
Part No SW: 8W0 907 063 CF HW: 8W0 907 063 BF
Component: BCM1 MLBevo H13 0267
Coding: 07501343E11800CD05145118182D0CF9130B31080000000000 00000060001A810A4501A202B70A
Shop #: WSC 06335 790 00001
ASAM Dataset: EV_BCM1BOSCHAU736 018006
ROD: EV_BCM1BOSCHAU736_018_AU49.rod
VCID: 014A65459054C38E1C-8054

11 Faults Found:
262147 - Lamp 1 for Ambient Lighting of Cup Holder
U1172 00 [009] - No Communications
[Cupholder ambient lighting lamp 1: No communication]
Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear

262153 - Lamp 1 for Contour Lighting of Door; Front Right
U1178 00 [009] - No Communications
[Right front door contour illumination lamp 1: No communication]

262179 - Lamp 1 for Ambient Lighting of Door; Front Right
U1186 00 [009] - No Communications

262183 - Lamp 1 for Ambient Lighting of Door; Rear Right
U118A 00 [009] - No Communications

262197 - Lamp 2 for Ambient Lighting of Front Center-Console
U1192 00 [009] - No Communications
[Front center console ambient lighting lamp 2 no communication]

262233 - Footwell Lighting; Front Left
U11C5 00 [009] - No Communications

262243 - Footwell Lighting; Rear Left
U11C9 00 [009] - No Communications

262245 - Footwell Lighting; Rear Right
U11CB 00 [009] - No Communications

262247 - Lighting for Door Storage Compartment; Front Left
U11CD 00 [009] - No Communications
[Left front door storage compartment illumination lamp: no communication]

262249 - Lighting for Door Storage Compartment; Front Right
U11CF 00 [009] - No Communications
[Right front door storage compartment illumination lamp: no communication]

262259 - Lighting for Door Storage Compartment; Rear Right
U11D3 00 [009] - No Communications
[Right rear door storage compartment illumination lamp: no communication]
Freeze Frame:
Old 11-09-2020, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by b92017

how did you manage this with the OBDeleven? I want to get the menu you mentioned with the colour control to appear on my mmi before I purchase the led kit or the OBDeleven, was long coding required or was it one of the app features? Any guidance would be helpful

Quick Reply: Interior Ambient Lighting