vgt
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want to send me one, I'd be happy to install and log
Old 09-20-2017, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Two questions:

1. Is this mod detectable by Audi if uninstalled?
2. Have you seen any acceleration gains and would you be able to quantify them?

Thanks,

Ben
Old 09-20-2017, 01:16 PM
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KBeagle
Two questions:

1. Is this mod detectable by Audi if uninstalled?
2. Have you seen any acceleration gains and would you be able to quantify them?

Thanks,

Ben
Once removed it cannot be detected.

We haven't done acceleration testing. There is some videos on youtube of a tester running neck on neck with the flashed A4 through to top speed.
Old 09-20-2017, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi George,

I received my JB4 today with Bluetooth connect kit and BMS data cable. I found an install document for the Bluetooth kit on the Burger website which shows screws to open the JB4 enclosure, but mine doesn't have screws. Mine has two notches on either side of the enclosure. Do I just pry them open, or is there some other trick? I don't want to damage the enclosure. I tried gently with plastic pry tools from a smartphone repair kit, but I didn't make any progress.

The guide also shows the blue wire of the Bluetooth kit connecting to either of the red wires of the JB4. It looks like the install document was for a BMW, so I just wanted to confirm that it's the same for the JB4 Audi B9 version.

Thanks
Old 09-20-2017, 04:44 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by seven0five
Hi George,

I received my JB4 today with Bluetooth connect kit and BMS data cable. I found an install document for the Bluetooth kit on the Burger website which shows screws to open the JB4 enclosure, but mine doesn't have screws. Mine has two notches on either side of the enclosure. Do I just pry them open, or is there some other trick? I don't want to damage the enclosure. I tried gently with plastic pry tools from a smartphone repair kit, but I didn't make any progress.

The guide also shows the blue wire of the Bluetooth kit connecting to either of the red wires of the JB4. It looks like the install document was for a BMW, so I just wanted to confirm that it's the same for the JB4 Audi B9 version.

Thanks
Hi,

You can just pull the enclosure apart. The Bluetooth module is universal to all our JB4 units so same instructions apply in this case.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by George@BMS
Hi,

You can just pull the enclosure apart. The Bluetooth module is universal to all our JB4 units so same instructions apply in this case.
Ok thanks. I was able to get the enclosure open by using a couple of guitar picks wedged into the seams and twist to pop it open.

https://imgur.com/a/x4p9m
Old 09-20-2017, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see a couple of people made purchases already... any reviews?
Old 09-23-2017, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by A4ORCE1
I see a couple of people made purchases already... any reviews?
I finally got around to installing the JB4 today. I can't give a full review with the little driving I've done so far with it installed, but I can give a few comments.

Installation of the engine bay connections was easy and done in a few minutes. I spent a lot of time with the lower dash removal, especially removing the drivers side glove box. The glove box had two attachment points for the wiring coming in from the firewall that were really difficult to remove with the limited amount of space available to work with.

I bought the Bluetooth kit and the USB kit and ended up using the USB kit just for the hard wired connection. I brought the wire through the firewall at the same place as the ODB cable from the instructions and connected to my phone with an OTG cable with the JB4 app.

Driving with the unit has a noticeable increase in power over stock. I have been running a Neuspeed module since April and I notice a big difference in how the two deliver power. The JB4 seems to be much more linear increases in power while accelerating, whereas the Neuspeed seems to give all the extra boost all at once way down low in RPM.

It seems ok so far, but we are also experiencing one of the hottest days of the year right now, so that may affect performance in some way.
Old 09-23-2017, 10:14 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by George@BMS
The JB4 requires the OBD connection to run. There is a failsafe map in the event it is removed but its not recommended for continuous use.

The upgrade kits includes a new circuit board (JB4) as well as the wiring required to upgrade the JB1 unit

The correct Wireless or Data cable is without Grey shell for Rev2 and JB4. There was a enclosure update where the connection is now inside the box so the shell/cover is not needed anymore.
So JB4 without ODB is the same as JB1.

What are the side effects?

Installing the ODB connection seems like a lot of work with removing panels and such. I want to get a JB4 so I have the option to use the extra functions provided by the ODB connection if need be, plus better resale value.
Old 09-24-2017, 06:21 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by coolxal
So JB4 without ODB is the same as JB1.

What are the side effects?

Installing the ODB connection seems like a lot of work with removing panels and such. I want to get a JB4 so I have the option to use the extra functions provided by the ODB connection if need be, plus better resale value.
Hi,

It is not the same as a JB1. If the OBD is a issue rather get the JB1.
Without the OBD the JB4 is basically blind and can see only boost. It basically starts working as one of the simpler piggy backs but in what is considered emergency mode.

Quick Reply: JB4 Information thread for 2.0T 252hp