A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Looking at a 2017 A4

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by lowjdml
The 2017 A4 began selling around March/April 2016. Three year lease returns should begin appearing in a few months. My suggestion is to wait a bit unless the perfect car comes along.
I agree.

And yes. Prestiges are hard to find since the PP was the vfm/popularly stocked choice when it came to A4/5/Q5. But yes. If you can get one with ventilated seats, go for it. They’re really nice and work well. Idk where someone said they read that ventilated seats or warm weather pack is a scam. It isn’t.
Old 03-11-2019, 02:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 2017 A4 began selling around March/April 2016. Three year lease returns should begin appearing in a few months. My suggestion is to wait a bit unless the perfect car comes along.
That's a very good point. Luckily I have a little time, so I'm definitely going to keep my eyes peeled. Also now looking at A3's, since from what I've read, it's a little sportier with less room. I don't have people in the back seat very often, so if I get something sportier for cheaper, then why not. The only thing is I don't think the 17 A3's have any sort of weather packages. As I live in Maryland, both warm and cold weather packages would benefit me greatly.

I appreciate all the replies guys!
Old 03-11-2019, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by stoam13
That's a very good point. Luckily I have a little time, so I'm definitely going to keep my eyes peeled. Also now looking at A3's, since from what I've read, it's a little sportier with less room. I don't have people in the back seat very often, so if I get something sportier for cheaper, then why not. The only thing is I don't think the 17 A3's have any sort of weather packages. As I live in Maryland, both warm and cold weather packages would benefit me greatly.

The cold weather pkg is heated rear seats and a heated steering wheel. If you rarely have back seat passengers you're only benefiting from the heated steering wheel.
Old 03-11-2019, 05:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The cold weather pkg is heated rear seats and a heated steering wheel. If you rarely have back seat passengers you're only benefiting from the heated steering wheel.
Oh ok, that's def not a deal breaker then, but that steering wheel would still be very nice. Maybe I'll just try to install one myself haha.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts

Also now looking at A3's, since from what I've read, it's a little sportier with less room. I don't have people in the back seat very often, so if I get something sportier for cheaper, then why not.
An A3 can definitely be had for less than an A4, but the interior on the A4 is in a different league IMO. They both offer the virtual cockpit, but the rest of the A3 interior
just doesn't feel like the luxury item you're paying top $$$$$ for.
Old 03-11-2019, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by volcomic
An A3 can definitely be had for less than an A4, but the interior on the A4 is in a different league IMO. They both offer the virtual cockpit, but the rest of the A3 interior
just doesn't feel like the luxury item you're paying top $$$$$ for.
I agree that the A4 is much more upscale than the A3, especially for 2017 models.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

The one thing going for the A3 is the rear LED lights. I wish those were on the A4, its gorgeous!
Old 03-12-2019, 02:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

That's fine but understand the A3 uses the 'fake-4-wheel-drive' haldex system. When you step up to the A4 you get quattro the way it was intended. Quattro applies power to all 4 tires immediately and does not wait for tire slip to shift power as with the haldex system. IMO that makes the A4 much more sporty than the A3. So many cars now come with AWD but it is usually a haldex type implementation. Quattro is special and worth the extra $.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
Prestiges are hard to find since the PP was the vfm/popularly stocked choice when it came to A4/5/Q5.
I'm seeing a sea of Premiums everywhere. I'm new to the forum and am also looking for a 2017 or 2018 A4. I've found it curious that most folks here seem to have Prestiges and PPs but the listings are full of Premiums. They must have made a ton of them relative to the higher trim levels. I'd probably be OK with one but for Side Assist, which I really want. So I'll probably get a PP. It doesn't help I'm in a somewhat remote area with one Audi dealer in 20 miles and not another in 200.
Old 03-12-2019, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by JDA_yeg
The one thing going for the A3 is the rear LED lights. I wish those were on the A4, its gorgeous!
The A4 also has LED tail lights. Do you just mean you like the shape of the A3 lights over the A4s?

Quick Reply: Looking at a 2017 A4