A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Navigation and Bluetooth suddenly stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 03:32 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navigation and Bluetooth suddenly stopped working

I started my car (2017 A4 Quattro Prestige) as usual this morning and I noticed that my navigation is saying that it is not activated. I also cannot connect my iPhone to start CarPlay. It charges as usual but the MMI is not recognizing it. Additionally, my Bluetooth connection is not operational. I’ve reset the MMI about 5 times without any luck in rebooting these systems that are currently down. Oddly, my radio and XM work just fine. Any ideas or suggestions?
Old 06-04-2018, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I had the exact same thing. Dealer had to initialize the mmi like itvwasa new car getting set up for the first time. They had no idea what happened. I didn't get a service receipt either...he didn't know how to close out the ticket to describe what went wrong or how they fixed it.
good luck.
Old 07-22-2018, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Timfoilhat
I had the exact same thing. Dealer had to initialize the mmi like itvwasa new car getting set up for the first time. They had no idea what happened. I didn't get a service receipt either...he didn't know how to close out the ticket to describe what went wrong or how they fixed it.
good luck.
can either explain further as my dealer wants to replace a cable which requires pulling down the headliner and a couple of days without the car
i believe it is software not hardware related
thank you
Old 07-22-2018, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Here is a copy of what the dealership did from the service invoice.
Old 07-22-2018, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

three finger reset? ctr,alt,del, lol
Old 07-22-2018, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by radhaz
three finger reset? ctr,alt,del, lol
if only that was it. I did that so many times hoping that would work.
Old 08-06-2018, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This same thing just happened to me. 25K miles on the car and out of the blue no navigation, get message Your navigation system is not yet activated. Please contact your Audi dealer and Navigation currently not available. Bluetooth won't activate. Traffic sign recognition doesn't work and it keeps showing European speed limit signs. Have tried multiple soft resets.

I haven't seen anyone say a full factory reset solves the issues, seems like something else may be in play. I'll try a full factory reset first before going to dealer (I do have the scratch off code to re-activate)

Last edited by lsbuffs; 08-07-2018 at 06:17 AM.
Old 08-06-2018, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by lsbuffs
This same thing just happened to me. 25K miles on the car and out of the blue no navigation, get message Your navigation system is not yet activated. Please contact your Audi dealer and Navigation currently not available. Bluetooth won't activate. Have tried multiple soft resets.

I haven't seen anyone say a full factory reset solves the issues, seems like something else may be in play. I'll try a full factory reset first before going to dealer (I do have the scratch off code to re-activate)
Good luck! Hopefully it works. I haven’t had any issues since taking it to the dealership (knock on wood...)
Old 08-06-2018, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by A4in757

Good luck! Hopefully it works. I haven’t had any issues since taking it to the dealership (knock on wood...)
No luck. Taking the car in tomorrow. Guessing they'll follow the procedures in the above-referenced TSB.

Can't complain too much as this is the first issue I've had in 2+ years and 25K+ miles.
Old 08-08-2018, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by lsbuffs
No luck. Taking the car in tomorrow. Guessing they'll follow the procedures in the above-referenced TSB.

Can't complain too much as this is the first issue I've had in 2+ years and 25K+ miles.
No quick fix unfortunately. Service department is ordering a new 5F module from Germany. Should take 4-5 days.

I did did a quick Google search on 5F module. Saw some reports of it being a $4,000 fix. No idea if accurate but reminds me I don’t want to drive this car without a warranty.

Quick Reply: Navigation and Bluetooth suddenly stopped working