A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Pre-sense worked again, as designed.

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 08:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Pre-sense worked again, as designed.

After reading a separate tread, I really have a hard time understanding why people expect something more from a system (or a feature) than what it is designed for. The A4 B9 is not designed and has no system that makes it an autonomous vehicule. Audi states quite clearly the limitations of all A4 features in the owner's manual.

Today the pre-sense feature applied the brakes when I was backing out of a parking stall at Costco, it made me jump on my seat as I wondered in the slip second that it took what had happened, but it performed exactly as designed when a car that was travelling quite fast could have hit me on the back side.

We often expect more from our vehicles than what they are designed for and get angry if the system doesn't meet our expectations. Today I was very happy that the system worked as designed. It was my second experience with pre-sense and was glad that I had this feature of my A4. I'm sure others do too.
Old 09-09-2016, 05:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a similar experience backing out of a spot. It was raining and as I started backing out, a mother and her little girl ran behind me as they were trying to make it to the store as fast as possible in the rain. The pre-sense kicked in before I even had a chance to apply the brakes. While it startled me, I'm thankful for it. I think I was going to react in time, but obviously it reacted faster.