A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Sports edition -- black interior only?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 120 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Sports edition -- black interior only?

I tried configuring a 2017 A4 on Audi's build website. I wanted a Moonlight Blue metallic exterior with an Atlas Beige interior.

I also want the Sports Package. However, when I added this, it changed my interior to black. I'm really disappointed because I hate black interiors; I find them too hot in the summer. But the Sports Package is a must for me, so I guess I'm stuck.

Also as part of the Sports Package you get a "Black cloth headliner." Why? Is this sportier than a beige or grey headliner?

I really hate the way Audi limits your options like this. Why force people to have a black interior because they ordered the Sports Package? What does one have to do with the other?

I'm sure some people love black interiors/headliners, and that's fine. I just don't know why it has to be mandatory with the Sports Package.
Old 02-20-2016, 02:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm, that's odd. I was able to configure my 2017 Prestige Plus with Manhattan Gray, Nougat Brown and sports package with no issue. Regarding the black headliner option, I prefer that configuration because it will be more of a two tone theme (black headliner, dash and accents with brown upholstery) rather than adding a third color (the gray headliner) into the mix.

Originally Posted by A4Driver
I tried configuring a 2017 A4 on Audi's build website. I wanted a Moonlight Blue metallic exterior with an Atlas Beige interior.

I also want the Sports Package. However, when I added this, it changed my interior to black. I'm really disappointed because I hate black interiors; I find them too hot in the summer. But the Sports Package is a must for me, so I guess I'm stuck.

Also as part of the Sports Package you get a "Black cloth headliner." Why? Is this sportier than a beige or grey headliner?

I really hate the way Audi limits your options like this. Why force people to have a black interior because they ordered the Sports Package? What does one have to do with the other?

I'm sure some people love black interiors/headliners, and that's fine. I just don't know why it has to be mandatory with the Sports Package.
Old 02-20-2016, 11:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you can get most color interiors with sport package except the beige. Although I agree with the OP, I think the beige interior with sport package is a great combo. Luxury on the inside, and sport on the outside. Had this exact combo with my 2003.