Old 03-08-2018, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I used the obdeleven 100 credits option
Old 03-08-2018, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by audi8k
I have described (in the linked post) how I did that on my B8. (I assume the button in B9, like B8, just shorts the button terminals as long as you press it). I added a timer circuit, activated by 12V power ON that after a few seconds delay activates a relay to short the button terminals for one second. That means that I can can activate S/S when I want it, it just starts up disabled every time. (In B8 the first 5 second delay is needed to let the car "boot".)
Automated button push
Any more details? Possibly a pic or step by step?
Old 03-08-2018, 08:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

OK here you go. Automated button push:
1) The relay outputs (two wires) shall be connected in parallel to the 'Auto-Off' button terminals. (In my B8 I pulled out the media module to get to the board connector. For B9 I don't know.)
2) I used a timer module "Velleman MK188" (mounted in a small box).
3) I put the timer module under the armrest supplied from the 12V outlet that switches on at every start (ignition ON).
4) I tested some different delays. 5s delay from power on, then the relay output short circuits the A-button for ~1 second ("pressing the button" so I don't have to).
This fix leaves all S/S functionality completely stock so the A-button still works and I put a switch on the timer module supply to easily disable it.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

So have used OBDeleven to disable via adaptation - works great EXCEPT if i use the PARK button with heavy foot on brake, the auto start/stop will kick in (with accompanying green S?S dashboard light) - any thought on why it would work while driving but not if I use the PARK button on the shifter?
Old 05-24-2018, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I used the app and paid the credits and has worked without fail since I bought the car last September. Pay the money...very cheap, and just install the app.
Old 05-24-2018, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by securityguy
I used the app and paid the credits and has worked without fail since I bought the car last September. Pay the money...very cheap, and just install the app.
my issue was had to also change the default number under the ac module to 0 instead of 5. Seems to have solved it.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Carista beta tester here. Sucessfully disabled S/S.
Old 05-29-2018, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 119 Likes on 81 Posts

I used the app and found the results to be unsatisfactory. When I'd come to a stop, the engine would stumble and surge, as if the car was trying to turn the engine off, and then a second or two later, the software would kick in to keep it running. It was not a smooth operation; I removed it.
Old 05-29-2018, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by A4Driver
I used the app and found the results to be unsatisfactory. When I'd come to a stop, the engine would stumble and surge, as if the car was trying to turn the engine off, and then a second or two later, the software would kick in to keep it running. It was not a smooth operation; I removed it.
same with me.
Old 05-29-2018, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, all I can say is that mine HAS been PERMANENTLY disabled. I bought the OBD11 a few weeks after I bought my car last Labor Day weekend. Used the app within the OBD11 to disable the SS. It has been over 5K miles and 6 months later and it has not reactivated once.
You must drive in S or have your A/C on always, because it will kick in in D with the A/C off (unless you're not pressing the brake pedal all the way down)..

Quick Reply: Start Stop Feature Disable