A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Thanks! Things I learned here about my car

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 09:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
I'm pretty sure it's just an average 1.0 amp. I haven't seen anything on it but the way it charges isn't very quick. Not as quick as my USB ports at home that are 2.1.
Originally Posted by Strife1013
They can't even put in 2.1 AMP USB's? ugh.....
According to this post, he measured the A3's USB port at 1.47 amps. I'm guessing ours is just as much because it does an awesome job charging my Nexus 6P's battery while using Waze for navigation.
Old 10-19-2016, 09:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

But to be fair I don't know any car that does.
Compared to earlier models we're lucky to have USB ports at all, and that they're placed in a logical convenient location.

Given the lack of universal standards for higher power it's understandable that a carmaker would be reluctant to embrace stuff like QuickCharge that's proprietary and risky. If we're lucky the next redesign will change those ports to USB Type-C with power delivery, which looks to be the new boss. Then they can sell an Audi type-C USB cable for $250.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jermaine151
According to this post, he measured the A3's USB port at 1.47 amps. I'm guessing ours is just as much because it does an awesome job charging my Nexus 6P's battery while using Waze for navigation.
Good to know. Question, how do you double quote? without having to copy one quote and then quote another.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Marc VanHeyningen
Compared to earlier models we're lucky to have USB ports at all, and that they're placed in a logical convenient location.

Given the lack of universal standards for higher power it's understandable that a carmaker would be reluctant to embrace stuff like QuickCharge that's proprietary and risky. If we're lucky the next redesign will change those ports to USB Type-C with power delivery, which looks to be the new boss. Then they can sell an Audi type-C USB cable for $250.
Yes, thank god. Dead are the days of reaching in the glove box.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Good to know. Question, how do you double quote? without having to copy one quote and then quote another.
On a computer, it's the button right next to quote. Mouse over it and it should read "quote multiple" or something like that. Do that to the posts that you want to multi quote and hit the reply button on the bottom right of the page.

I haven't tried it from my phone but there's a button with a speech balloon and plus sign that probably does the same thing.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jermaine151
On a computer, it's the button right next to quote. Mouse over it and it should read "quote multiple" or something like that. Do that to the posts that you want to multi quote and hit the reply button on the bottom right of the page.

I haven't tried it from my phone but there's a button with a speech balloon and plus sign that probably does the same thing.
AHH! Naturally its the most obvious answer, that icon honestly looks like a building with a tree in front.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

AHH! Naturally its the most obvious answer, that icon honestly looks like a building with a tree in front.
Hahaha! :P
Old 10-19-2016, 01:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure if you guys know about the telescoping steering wheel. Don't know if it's just on the flat bottom steering wheel ,but mine pulls out farther then any car I've ever seen. Gives you that race car driver feeling when your sitting normal and when I'm sitting in traffic ( like most of the time ) I can recline the seat back and still have the wheel close to me in a comfortable position
Old 10-19-2016, 08:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Nyrnyc
Not sure if you guys know about the telescoping steering wheel. Don't know if it's just on the flat bottom steering wheel ,but mine pulls out farther then any car I've ever seen. Gives you that race car driver feeling when your sitting normal and when I'm sitting in traffic ( like most of the time ) I can recline the seat back and still have the wheel close to me in a comfortable position
No, there is a lot of range on all the steering wheels and it is great!
Old 10-20-2016, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another thing I discovered is that the car has a Jukebox (at least mine does, withe B&O sound system). In my Ford Expedition it has this, but in that vehicle all you could do is rip CDs. In the Audi, you can rip CDs, but you can also load in MP3s, AAC, H.264 and other stuff from a SD card, and all the metadata (artwork, etc) comes with it.

It's pretty neat.

Quick Reply: Thanks! Things I learned here about my car