A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

V-1 Radar connection ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 12:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V-1 Radar connection ?

Hello to all,

Iam a new member taking deliv tomorrow of an A4. Glad I found this site. Lots of good INFO.

Here is my question:

I need a +12v and neg ground connection to mount my V-1 radar detector to. Does anyone know of a convenient location (beneath console maybe) to use for this accessory connection? Any instructions or tips on dissembling a location to find an avail connection would be appreciated.

Also, can a simple task, such as rotating tires be done on this vehicle w/o any unknown issues? (I do not have the tech pkg or sports pkg's)

Thanks Tom
Old 04-06-2017, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Little off topic, how is your V1 doing with all these new cars and their radar sensors?

I got rid of mine because of all the false alarm and I had X bad turned off, almost turned off K band.

Now I just use waze.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by f_399
Little off topic, how is your V1 doing with all these new cars and their radar sensors?

I got rid of mine because of all the false alarm and I had X bad turned off, almost turned off K band.

Now I just use waze.
They have fixed those issues and offer a discounted replacement unit if they can verify your current serial nbr. I agree, all those false alarms were an issue. I have just mailed mine back for the replacement.

Here is the info Radar Detector Upgrades | Valentine One | Radar Detectors
Old 04-06-2017, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Awesome thanks, I will look into that.

I have always had a radar detector and got rid of it because of all the false alarms.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by f_399
Awesome thanks, I will look into that.

I have always had a radar detector and got rid of it because of all the false alarms.
How did you wire it in your A4 ?
Old 04-06-2017, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

There are two ways. The more popular method is using a mirrortap sold by blendmounts. It's essentially a RJ-11 jack on one end and two leads on the other that get inserted into the connector above the rear view mirror.

The other method which I used is running the V1 cable across the head liner, down the A-pillar, behind the kick panel, to the fuse box under the dead pedal. You will need fuse tap with top access, the pig tail ones found at auto supply shops will not seat properly. This is the one I used- Eaton Bussmann | BK/ATM-TAP | Fuse Kits & Assortments Fuse Holder and Tap | Lectro Components

Use a voltmeter to find a switched circuit. For the ground I used the nut behind the dash fuse box.

Rotating tires is a piece of cake, just remember to reset tire pressures in MMI.
Old 04-06-2017, 02:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by breadbooze
There are two ways. The more popular method is using a mirrortap sold by blendmounts. It's essentially a RJ-11 jack on one end and two leads on the other that get inserted into the connector above the rear view mirror.

The other method which I used is running the V1 cable across the head liner, down the A-pillar, behind the kick panel, to the fuse box under the dead pedal. You will need fuse tap with top access, the pig tail ones found at auto supply shops will not seat properly. This is the one I used- Eaton Bussmann | BK/ATM-TAP | Fuse Kits & Assortments Fuse Holder and Tap | Lectro Components

Use a voltmeter to find a switched circuit. For the ground I used the nut behind the dash fuse box.

Rotating tires is a piece of cake, just remember to reset tire pressures in MMI.

Thanks,
Thats just what I needed. Tom
Old 04-07-2017, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

I sold it the month I got the Allroad, I didn't even get to hardwire it.

It would go off every time I went in reverse lol.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Check out my post for my dash cam installation, tapping off the mirror power. Maybe that will help. I actually used a radar dectector cord with taps. (Then I had to dial it down to 5VDC, which you won't have to.) I used the connector right above the mirror. I swiveled the connector down a bit and tapped into the yellow and brown. Seemed easier than dealing with the A-pillar and the dead pedal.

Hopefully this is the correct link. It's post 16 in the thread.
Dashcam Install

Hope it helps.
Old 04-08-2017, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...e-diy-2906758/

This is my thread on how I wired the V1. Never had any issues with side assist setting it off with any of my cars. That being said, I was also using the YaV1 app with it. I have since retired it and in place put a ridiculously quiet Radenso XP.

Quick Reply: V-1 Radar connection ?