A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

what do you listen to while driving?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default what do you listen to while driving?

While I wait for my A4 to arrive I was wondering what most of you listen to while driving/commuting.

My current ride, the TT does not have sat radio, I swapped in an Alpine deck with a plug for iPod/iPhone
and I usually play podcasts or playlists off my phone.

I expect I'll probably do the same thing in the A4, maybe I'll listen to more music, I expect music
will sound VERY good in the new car.

Are most people doing radio? playing music from the phone? just keeping it on Alt Nation or some other sat radio station?

....someone will probably say - I listen to that sweet sweet motor man!
Old 09-30-2016, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by exboy
....someone will probably say - I listen to that sweet sweet motor man!
Thats the last thing anyone will say lol. The engine sounds like a garbage 4banger when getting revved out. Otherwise the car is one of the quietest cars Ive ever driven.

That being said, you will get a billion responses as to what people listen to. The great thing about the car is how much tech is built into it now. You can listen to XM, Radio, anything off your phone, iPod etc.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by HyperS4
Thats the last thing anyone will say lol. The engine sounds like a garbage 4banger when getting revved out. Otherwise the car is one of the quietest cars Ive ever driven.

That being said, you will get a billion responses as to what people listen to. The great thing about the car is how much tech is built into it now. You can listen to XM, Radio, anything off your phone, iPod etc.
Yeah, I agree. I have a lot of my music and several audio books on a SD card, so you can really just set those up with your favorite's, but switch to XM or FM and even AM for college football.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im curious to confirm, can i hook up a hard drive to one of the usb ports and have access to it on the MMI if I fill it up with music.

Other than that iHeart/Tune in for SF, puerto Rico and German stations, and loads of Reggae and Phish from Phone/SD/HD? Had XM for 4 years on my current Acura TL but went away from it once internet radio became an easy thing.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I copied my entire iTunes library onto an SD card. There's two SD slots the glove box, I just keep the card in one slot. A lot more convenient for me to just switch to Media and play off of the card. It works very well, the album art even shows up on the center screen or VC, whichever I am using.

Mostly though, I listen to Sirius radio. I like cruising all the different stations to see what's playing. Console control works well for that and you can do it after a while without a lot of distraction.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Is each SD card able to hold 64GB or is it 32GB per SD for a total of 64GB. Thanks
Old 09-30-2016, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HyperS4
@HyperS4 I bet with an intake, downpipe and exhaust the car will sound better.
I've been driving garbage 4 bangers my whole life LOL
Old 09-30-2016, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave W
I copied my entire iTunes library onto an SD card. There's two SD slots the glove box, I just keep the card in one slot. A lot more convenient for me to just switch to Media and play off of the card. It works very well, the album art even shows up on the center screen or VC, whichever I am using.

Mostly though, I listen to Sirius radio. I like cruising all the different stations to see what's playing. Console control works well for that and you can do it after a while without a lot of distraction.
Me too. It surprised me a little how much I could get on an 8 or 16 gb SD card. I did have to experiment with it a bit before I figured the system out. I had to convert my music files to MP3 from cda and I had to make some file attribute changes for the audio books to display properly, but now it works great. My XM favorite will probably not be real popular here (or maybe anywhere according to my wife) but it is Outlaw Country.
Old 09-30-2016, 10:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Apple music & Carplay. For $10 a month, virtually anything you can think of is a Siri command away. Even the curated radio stations are really good.

When it's not music, Stitcher for Podcasts.
Old 09-30-2016, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

XM all the way! I like to listen to The Joint reggae music when I'm stuck in traffic. It's the only thing keeps me calm and stops me from wanting to murder everyone.

Quick Reply: what do you listen to while driving?