A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Worst Fear - Accident

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worst Fear - Accident

My worst fear came yesterday when at a red light I got hit from behind, fortunately it was not a big hit. You can see the bumper got a little damaged and one is close to the senor as well (which I'm scared of). I tested the sensor to see if it got damaged but it seemed to work fine. If you look closely in the first picture, you can see the imprint of the person's licenses plate...

My question is, would it be best to go back to the dealer and go through their recommended body shop instead of going to an insurance referred one? The reason I'm asking is because this is a lease so I don't want to give Audi FS any reason to charge me for damages they find when they inspect the car. The dealer will have record of this (assuming I go to the dealer) so it should help when I return the lease?

I'm located in Canada (Toronto) and have already filed a report at the collision centre (100% not at fault). Insurance will pay for everything.

Old 08-08-2018, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

is it me or do you believe people in Toronto are getting dumber by the year? I also live i Toronto.

when i go to any mall i park so far away because i witness these lazy people who just swing their door open with no respect for the other persons vehicle.
Old 08-08-2018, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Seems miniscule to me. If the sensors work... I would have taken the guy's information down, a statement saying he hit you, and tell him you'll take it to a body shop and have it repaired. I don't see this being more than $300. You're putting yourself through more work than needed... but anyways, that's my opinion.
Old 08-08-2018, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by munsabin
Seems miniscule to me. If the sensors work... I would have taken the guy's information down, a statement saying he hit you, and tell him you'll take it to a body shop and have it repaired. I don't see this being more than $300. You're putting yourself through more work than needed... but anyways, that's my opinion.
The guy who hit me got out of the car and even tried to brush it off lol come on man there's an imprint of your plate - I just want to do everything proper

Originally Posted by R8ready
is it me or do you believe people in Toronto are getting dumber by the year? I also live i Toronto.

when i go to any mall i park so far away because i witness these lazy people who just swing their door open with no respect for the other persons vehicle.
Yes, I totally agree with you. Especially in the summer time everyone just seems to be doing their own thing and not realize there are others on the road too...
I also try to park a bit farther away as well, I'm really **** when I park - I try to park in the middle of the spot I don't want to come back and see a ding where it wasn't there before and to your point of ppl just swinging their door, I can never understand why ppl would do tht. I mean that's also your door too.
Old 08-08-2018, 03:04 PM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by SNGGA
My question is, would it be best to go back to the dealer and go through their recommended body shop instead of going to an insurance referred one? The reason I'm asking is because this is a lease so I don't want to give Audi FS any reason to charge me for damages they find when they inspect the car. The dealer will have record of this (assuming I go to the dealer) so it should help when I return the lease?
I would go to a body shop with the proper Audi approvals. The dealer-affiliated body shops (e.g. Pfaff Autoworks) certainly have those approvals, but I think some independent shops do as well...
Old 08-08-2018, 03:11 PM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by R8ready
Drivers (and cyclists and pedestrians) can be extraordinarily aggressive and unforgiving in this town. I live downtown, and... wow. Oh, how I love visiting the 905 (or even Etobicoke) where things are not crazy. I'm surprised car insurance (which is double the rate everywhere else in the province) is so cheap given the insane potential for accidents.

Fundamentally, the biggest problem is a lack of basic courtesy. e.g. if you are in my blind spot and you see my car slowing down (clearly because I am not sure I have room to move in front of you) with a turn signal pointed in your direction... why do you think accelerating is a good idea? Or how about suicidal cyclists who like to pass on the right a car with a right turn signal flashing?

And let's not talk about people's honking habits. Sometimes, I want to get a little text display for the back of my car that I can display messages like "stop honking! I am trying not to kill a cyclist." on.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by munsabin
I bet it's closer to $2000 than $300. It looks like it creased the bumper which is going require body work and paint.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by VM
Drivers (and cyclists and pedestrians) can be extraordinarily aggressive and unforgiving in this town. I live downtown, and... wow. Oh, how I love visiting the 905 (or even Etobicoke) where things are not crazy. I'm surprised car insurance (which is double the rate everywhere else in the province) is so cheap given the insane potential for accidents.

Fundamentally, the biggest problem is a lack of basic courtesy. e.g. if you are in my blind spot and you see my car slowing down (clearly because I am not sure I have room to move in front of you) with a turn signal pointed in your direction... why do you think accelerating is a good idea? Or how about suicidal cyclists who like to pass on the right a car with a right turn signal flashing?

And let's not talk about people's honking habits. Sometimes, I want to get a little text display for the back of my car that I can display messages like "stop honking! I am trying not to kill a cyclist." on.
After reading redflags, I know now a cyclist has to go on my left if I'm trying to make right turn at the light. Sometimes the bike lanes in downtown help.
I can never imagine myself riding a bike in downtown...feels like death wish

Originally Posted by Onewolf42
I bet it's closer to $2000 than $300. It looks like it creased the bumper which is going require body work and paint.
Collision centre quote at $1400...still need to get the insurance appraiser to look at it, I will most likely take it back to my dealer and see which body shop they refer me to

The stupid driver was coming back from a beauty salon after doing a facial as she told me, she said her eyesight was bad after her beauty session....then why the hell would you drive...the light was red
Old 08-09-2018, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

The stupid driver was coming back from a beauty salon after doing a facial as she told me, she said her eyesight was bad after her beauty session....then why the hell would you drive...the light was red
Hopefully that admission of guilt made it into the police report. I'm not a cop but that sounds like a careless driving ticket to me.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:52 PM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

After reading redflags, I know now a cyclist has to go on my left if I'm trying to make right turn at the light. Sometimes the bike lanes in downtown help.
I can never imagine myself riding a bike in downtown...feels like death wish
Oh, every single cycling publication out there will tell cyclists intending to go straight not to go to the right of a car that is signalling a right turn. For obvious reasons, i.e. that it's suicidal. That being said... many, many cyclists gamble on the fact that pedestrians are preventing the driver from completing the turn...

Bike lanes help to some extent, yes.

The one thing I will say about driving downtown is that you come to appreciate WHY certain laws are the way they are, e.g. why yellow lights mean you should stop unless you cannot do so safely, why you shouldn't enter an intersection if there is no room for your car on the other side. Of course, you ALSO realize that almost everyone else tramples on those laws on a daily basis... and sometimes honk at you for doing the right thing.

Quick Reply: Worst Fear - Accident