A4 Cabriolet (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 Cabriolet

A-4 Cabriolet-no power windows/trunk or cont. top working

Old 09-30-2012, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A-4 Cabriolet-no power windows/trunk or cont. top working

I left my 2003 A4 Cabriolet Audi at the airport for a week and came back from our trip to find a dead battery. We got it jumped but our power windows, trunk and convertible top does not work. On the dashboard, the symbol of a car flashes the hood (in red) over and over.

All the other electrical units work, wipers, radio, horn, lights, etc.

What can be the problem?
Old 10-03-2012, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by coachdan
I left my 2003 A4 Cabriolet Audi at the airport for a week and came back from our trip to find a dead battery. We got it jumped but our power windows, trunk and convertible top does not work. On the dashboard, the symbol of a car flashes the hood (in red) over and over.

What can be the problem?
Check the fuses.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by coachdan

What can be the problem?
remove the battery, re-charge it fully, put back and re-sync the remote.

http://www.dognmonkey.com/audi/a4-ca...t-battery.html
Old 10-04-2012, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Try clearing your codes. My soft top stopped working because the position sensor freaked out and wouldn't open anymore until I cleared the codes. When you jumped your battery it may have fried your central conv. module. I would also run an output test to see if it really is the module. Personally I would've tried to get a new battery, the b6 cabrio is so fragile
Old 10-18-2012, 08:08 AM
Former Vendor

Alldatadiy.com has symptom related information that can help you with your repairs. Good Luck!
Old 01-07-2013, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by ltooz_a6_a8_q7
remove the battery, re-charge it fully, put back and re-sync the remote.

http://www.dognmonkey.com/audi/a4-ca...t-battery.html
I have had the same common fault, this is due to water leaks in the passenger side footwell( right hand drive car)this is where the comfort control unit is housed,mine was under water, I cleaned it and sprayed with a water repelant and it worked again,these units are about £700 so get to it as soon as possible to try to stop it corroding. the carpet was dry where it is but underneath it was a swamp, it took me 2 months to find the leak after going through all the forums and none came up with mine. My leak was due to a drain hole in the roof cover seal that covers the roof when down,it is where the seal meets the back window seal, there are 2 drain holes one obvious and one tucked away in the seal, this not so obvious sealwas the culprit, water drains through this and into a channel below, there is a hole in the channel and a plastic adaptor to this hole underneath, the seal around this was gone so all water running down the roof when raining went through this and under the back seat, there are gaps in the steel panelswhich allows the warter to run into the rear footwell and then into the front and swamp the comfort control unit, I hope this helps, I also had to reprogram the key for the central locking but everything else started working by its self.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by simonc
I have had the same common fault, this is due to water leaks in the passenger side footwell( right hand drive car)this is where the comfort control unit is housed,mine was under water, I cleaned it and sprayed with a water repelant and it worked again,these units are about £700 so get to it as soon as possible to try to stop it corroding. the carpet was dry where it is but underneath it was a swamp, it took me 2 months to find the leak after going through all the forums and none came up with mine. My leak was due to a drain hole in the roof cover seal that covers the roof when down,it is where the seal meets the back window seal, there are 2 drain holes one obvious and one tucked away in the seal, this not so obvious sealwas the culprit, water drains through this and into a channel below, there is a hole in the channel and a plastic adaptor to this hole underneath, the seal around this was gone so all water running down the roof when raining went through this and under the back seat, there are gaps in the steel panelswhich allows the warter to run into the rear footwell and then into the front and swamp the comfort control unit, I hope this helps, I also had to reprogram the key for the central locking but everything else started working by its self.
Hello, I was wondering if you can send pictures of where exactly the drain holes are. I can hear water sloshing around in the car whenever I break quickly, but I don't know where it is. Thanks! Also my air conditioning is not working. Could this be because the water short-circuited the Comfort Control?
Old 04-18-2019, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default when the soft top , trunk, windows, and key remotes wont work on a 2003 Audi A4

my 2003 Audi A4 3.0 Cabroilet had the white lights flashing one day. i went out and tried to use my remote to unlock the car and it would not work, both windows will not work, you can not unlock the trunk, nor use the soft top. What could have happened? you have to manually unlock and lock car and manually drop the soft top now. What did you do for yours and did it work?
Old 04-22-2019, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

check BCM, underneath carpet.