A4 Cabriolet (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 Cabriolet

Aquamarine Blue Touch-up Paint Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 08:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aquamarine Blue Touch-up Paint Kit

My wife has a 2003 A4 3.0 Cabriolet painted Aquamarine Blue (LY5S) and needs a touch-up kit. I went to Holbert Audi in Warrington, PA and was told that Audi has not assigned it a part number so he could not order the kit. I am hoping that the guy in the parts department was either mistaken or his information was outdated. I find it hard to believe that Audi would paint a car a color for which there is no plans for a touch-up paint kit.

Has anyone else needed a touch-up kit? If so do you have the Audi part number?
Old 10-21-2003, 09:56 AM

Default Re: Aquamarine Blue Touch-up Paint Kit

As a follow-up to my earlier post below is e-mail traffic between AoA and myself on the subject.

Marjorie

I will forward this on to Holbert Audi to see if they are able to help. This still leaves open the issue that Audi is painting a car a color that a touch-up kit is not available. How is that possible? What is a customer suppose to do if they do get a stone chip or scratch, go to an Audi dealership with a body shop and hope they have the color? My wife is leasing the car through Audi Finance. I hope they are as understanding as you expect the customer to be when the car is returned with stone chips and scratches that are not repaired. I find this truly amazing that Audi is this unprepared for this type of problem.

Jim
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 12:58 PM
To: 'shannon@dsg-inc.com'
Subject: RE: Warranty, Service & Parts Feedback

Jim, I saw your e-mail just after we had spoken on the phone. I was able to contact people in the product/parts/accessories department who, I am sorry to say, confirmed the dealer's statement that no touch-up kits are available at this time, nor do we have any information on when they will become available. The aquamarine paint currently comes only in one-litre tins.

What the dealer can do for you is assist you in obtaining a small quantity of this paint from their own service area or from a body shop used by them for repairs. Please ask your dealer if he can obtain just enough for the touch-up needed on your wife's car.

We regret that a touch-up kit is not available and hope that the dealer will be able to help in making the paint available.

Marjorie Bonenberger
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 12:07 PM
To: auditalk@audi.com
Subject: Warranty, Service & Parts Feedback

First name :Jim
Last name :Shannon
Email Address :shannon@dsg-inc.com
Subject :Warranty, Service & Parts Feedback
Model :2003 A4 3.0 Cabriolet
Comments :I stopped at Holbert's Audi yesterday to get touch-up paint for my wife's car and was informed by the parts department that Audi does not make touch-up paint for her car. Ther color is Aquamarine (LY5S). Hopefully the individual behind the counter was mistaken or his information was outdated. I can not believe that Audi would paint a car a color for which they do not supply a touch-up paint kit. Please provide me with the appropriate part number so I can order the apint I need. Your help in this matter will be appreciated. Jim
Old 10-22-2003, 10:29 AM

Default Re: Autovisuals Touchup Pens

Jim,

I've never used this product, so I can't comment on the results. But, it does look like they have Audi's Aquamarine Blue Metallic (LY5S). Good luck!

http://www.autovisuals.com/paintcode-search.asp

NYCab