Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2012 Prestige vs Premium Plus

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I 100% regret not getting the prestige package. It's an absolute no brainer. I still love my car and it makes me smile everyday, but the prestige, for the money seems like a price mistake given all of the things you get with it. Should I feel insulted that with the premium plus, a $56K car isn't worthy of a sunglass holder :-) Seems a little ridiculous.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL, yes this sunglasses "feature" is kinda stupid.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for all the replies folks. Will stick to the Prestige, based on all the feedback.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dcmetro
LOL, yes this sunglasses "feature" is kinda stupid.
I put a square convex mirror in my sunglass holder so when the kids are in the car I can open the holder and keep and eye on them. Kind of like an added rear view mirror. Works great!
Old 01-03-2012, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

You let your kids in your a6? Really? ;-)
Old 01-03-2012, 08:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

The prestige is simply awesome. I would have really regretted it had i gone with P+. The interior LED package is simply awesome. The ventilated seats, although not a necessity by any means are awesome. i though the advance key was ignorant but now i cannot live without it. In fact my service loaner didnt have it and i actually was so used to it i was stumped for a few seconds wondering WTF is wrong with this DOHHH!!!

Blose is blose, one of the most disappointing things. Would of much rather of had the audi symphony (stock)

But the main thing that i absolutely LOVE is the adaptive headlights and cornering. The 4zone climate control with rear heated seats are also very nice and passengers LOVE it!

1800 is awesome! i ended up paying 2050 for it but by no means regret upgrading at the last minute. Im so glad i did
Old 01-03-2012, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 3PedalMINI
The prestige is simply awesome. I would have really regretted it had i gone with P+. The interior LED package is simply awesome.
I have P+ and think I have the interior LED package... I.e., I have the LEDs in the door panels that shine a white light down onto the armrests. There are also LEDs in the footwells. Is this the same LED package or does prestige have even more?
Old 01-04-2012, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Does anybody know exactly what the prestige ambient LED package includes, I could not find the information.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

I would also cast a vote for the Prestige model. Think it's a bargain for what's included. Also, love the S-line appearance group that is not available with the P+ and the lighted door handles are not necessary but slick. hahaha. Go for it, you won't regret it.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BConly
I have P+ and think I have the interior LED package... I.e., I have the LEDs in the door panels that shine a white light down onto the armrests. There are also LEDs in the footwells. Is this the same LED package or does prestige have even more?
Per the Audi order sheet the p and p+ models use halogen ambient lighting, not LED's. As for the list of lights that are included I did a quick search and found this list over at the A7 board, should be very similar if not identical. Thanks to basf audio for posting.

QQ1

Lighting package. Includes lighting for exterior:

Courtesy lighting on the underside of the door handles and LED door handle lighting for easy entry and exit in the dark
Automatic activation when the doors are unlocked
Active internal door reflectors
Interior:
Entrance lighting
LED technology
2 reading lights at front and rear
Front footwell
Inside door handles
Make-up lights
Storage compartment in the centre console
Ambient lighting of the centre console
Ambient reflected light for inside door trims

QQ2

Ambient lighting, in addition to interior and exterior lighting package (QQ1), anti-glare LED illumination for the passenger compartment. Lighting for door pockets, footwells and inside door handles, reflected lighting for centre console and door inner panels to help occupants find their way around. Surround lighting for centre console (floating effect), make-up lights at front and active door reflectors, with illuminated door sill trims. Configured via MMI.

Quick Reply: 2012 Prestige vs Premium Plus