Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2013 A6 2.0tfsi intake???????

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 03:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 A6 2.0tfsi intake???????

need help,,,, ive been researching on why they dont sell a intake setup for this 2.0 tfsi engine...... anyone know why????? thanks
Old 06-10-2017, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have the same engine. I was really surprised that you cant do much to upgrade some aftermarket performance parts. One would question why you didn't get 3.0 engine. But still Looking at whats available for 2.0 engines on other platforms is pretty depressing.
Old 06-13-2017, 12:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

APR 2.0 TFSI Valvelift ECU Upgrade - Including Flex Fuel Engines

Intakes don't do anything for that engine really. Just get the $600 stage 1 tune and you'll forget all about adding aftermarket parts. 284hp, 338tq
Old 06-13-2017, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Which ecu

Thanks for the reply. Which ecu upgrade is it and is it a direct plug and play thing?
Old 06-17-2017, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Aloha Syndicate
Thanks for the reply. Which ecu upgrade is it and is it a direct plug and play thing?
It's a ECU flash, there's nothing to physically "install". Simply find an APR dealer in your area, setup and appointment, and you'll be in and out in 20 minutes.
Old 06-17-2017, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Intakes are widely misunderstood.
CAI = *Cold *Air *Intake
HAI = Hot Air Intake

Stock systems are engineered to plumb coolest air charge possible from outside of vehicle (ambient temperature) into engine to help improve timing and maximize power.

Many replace stock airbox with HAI thinking it un-restricts airflow, but it actually ingests greater heat and is counter productive.

On Turbo engines... minimal to no benefits are noticed. On supercharged engines you get increased blower whine but reduced performance due to added heat being soaked in by engine heat into airflow.

Nobody Panic!! Just my personal experience!

But all aftermarket CAI/HAI look pretty kewl to friends, regardless of performance.

Last edited by IknowHuhA6; 06-17-2017 at 01:30 PM.
Old 06-17-2017, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by IknowHuhA6
Intakes are widely misunderstood.
CAI = *Cold *Air *Intake
HAI = Hot Air Intake

Stock systems are engineered to plumb coolest air charge possible from outside of vehicle (ambient temperature) into engine to help improve timing and maximize power.

Many replace stock airbox with HAI thinking it un-restricts airflow, but it actually ingests greater heat and is counter productive.

On Turbo engines... minimal to no benefits are noticed. On supercharged engines you get increased blower whine but reduced performance due to added heat being soaked in by engine heat into airflow.

Nobody Panic!! Just my personal experience!

But all aftermarket CAI/HAI look pretty kewl to friends, regardless of performance.
Thank you for clarifying this as I have, now past tense due to your concise write up, been considering an air intake system. I don't like mods that have a negative impact on performance!
Old 06-19-2017, 08:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DanfZX14
Thank you for clarifying this as I have, now past tense due to your concise write up, been considering an air intake system. I don't like mods that have a negative impact on performance!
I've seen the proof on other vehicles I've owned and had scans of the timing. But our Audi's are much more sophisticated. I'll have to try taking a scan log one of these days with open cone air fliter vs stock airbox to see how much the timing difference would be. I imagine either or both the timing or the Air Fuel Ratio will change to adjust for the hotter intake air to compensate and attain maximum performance given the hotter air charge. hhhmmm.

But our superchargers sound way ouder when unleased with an aftermarket air intake system = )

Edit:
Sorry, don't get me wrong, they are still nice setups, and for our daily driving it really won't make any noticeable impact on performance, and would only affect someone who tracks their car. Any performance loss will be negligible, and you get added benefit of louder blower whine if you like that. = )

Last edited by IknowHuhA6; 06-19-2017 at 08:49 PM.