Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2014 A6 Diesel Emmissions fix

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 12:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AMDG75
Have you noticed any hesitation, as others have described? This is the major 'symptom' that is holding me back.
Yeah - it's there but not significant to me and I heard non TDI models experience the same. However, in sport mode - no hesitation whatsoever.
Old 08-12-2018, 05:51 AM
bpp
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Have you noticed any hesitation, as others have described? This is the major 'symptom' that is holding me back.
Nothing here after 7 months. Don't recall 'hesitation' as any symptom at all.
Old 08-15-2018, 05:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've got a 2016 with the fix. No hesitation at all.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 882 Likes on 721 Posts

Originally Posted by 16A6TDI
I've got a 2016 with the fix. No hesitation at all.
Did you own the car prior to the fix being done? How does the cars performance compare to its pre-fix performance? Which LI dealer did the fix? How long did the fix take?
Old 08-16-2018, 11:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by KevinGary

Did you own the car prior to the fix being done? How does the cars performance compare to its pre-fix performance? Which LI dealer did the fix? How long did the fix take?
No, They couldn't sell any of the cars without fixing them. I just picked mine up at the end of June, beginning of July.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGary

I know your question wasn't directed at me but since I owned the car since new, before the fix, thought I would chime in. Two things are different, the first is it holds lower gears while cold to heat the engine up faster. The hold isn't extreme but the hold did not exist pre fix.
Secondly, the highway mileage is down a tad. Pre fix 40 mpg, post fix a solid 38.5+ mpg.
No change in noise level, no increase in DEF usage.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ByByBMW
I know your question wasn't directed at me but since I owned the car since new, before the fix, thought I would chime in. Two things are different, the first is it holds lower gears while cold to heat the engine up faster. The hold isn't extreme but the hold did not exist pre fix.
Secondly, the highway mileage is down a tad. Pre fix 40 mpg, post fix a solid 38.5+ mpg.
No change in noise level, no increase in DEF usage.
Except for the noise your experience seems pretty consistent with what I have read from others. I am guessing that the noise complaints from others arises out of the car now holding gears longer. I think I will be holding off on getting the fix until the bitter end.
Old 08-18-2018, 08:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by A64L3
Hello All...Possibly a new to me A6 owner here,

I've been researching the purchase of a used 2014 A6 Diesel 3.0L TDI Prestige. In my research in seeing mentions of a diesel emissions fix for these cars. I'm curious of what I need to know.

Anything I need to be aware of before I purchase?
How would I know if a "fix" has been performed?
Is the "fix" mandatory or optional?

Any additional information on this model A6 will appreciated. Thank you!!
When looking for a TDI you can check the status of the emission modification by entering the VIN number is the following web page: https://audidiesellookup.com/. Think it is illegal to sell a vehicle if the previous owner has not done the modification.Also the extended warranty on the engine after the modification is great.
I have an A6 TDI and I'm very happy with it. It has a great acceleration thanks to the extra torque from the diesel engine and it does about 39-40 miles a gallon in highway.
Old 08-19-2018, 12:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Drako
When looking for a TDI you can check the status of the emission modification by entering the VIN number is the following web page: https://audidiesellookup.com/. Think it is illegal to sell a vehicle if the previous owner has not done the modification.Also the extended warranty on the engine after the modification is great.
I have an A6 TDI and I'm very happy with it. It has a great acceleration thanks to the extra torque from the diesel engine and it does about 39-40 miles a gallon in highway.
It is not illegal to sell the vehicle without the modification. Getting the fix is purely voluntary. Of course you don’t get the second payment or the extended warranty until you get the modification. Owners of the A6 have until April of 2020 to decide if they want to get the fix.
Old 08-24-2018, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

After a long search I found her. Thanks to all for advise and knowledge.
Attached Thumbnails 2014 A6 Diesel Emmissions fix-img_0453.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2014 A6 Diesel Emmissions fix