Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

A6 3.0TDI Bi-turbo this Autumn

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A6 3.0TDI Bi-turbo this Autumn

The new demo A6s are due in this week for the official UK public dealer launch. Well had a good discussion with the sales manager and he confirmed that the bi-turbo version of the 3.0TDI will be on sale mid/end September here.

Can't wait.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

wow, finally something!
I suspect we are going to have world press launch prior to that?
Old 04-02-2011, 09:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's been some rumours of this engine from a while back, but no dates or outputs.

It will be interesting to see what it can do, especially after bedding in and a good remap.

No doubt that in a couple of years the R18 V6 technology will start to filter into the road cars and we will see even more efficiency and power. Kind of makes me wonder if they'll keep producing the 4.2TDI some day. Who knows.

Jet

p.s did you get yourself on the invite list for the end of April Silverstone event for the A6 ? If not, have a chat with the sales manager.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jetinder
There's been some rumours of this engine from a while back, but no dates or outputs.

It will be interesting to see what it can do, especially after bedding in and a good remap.

No doubt that in a couple of years the R18 V6 technology will start to filter into the road cars and we will see even more efficiency and power. Kind of makes me wonder if they'll keep producing the 4.2TDI some day. Who knows.

Jet

p.s did you get yourself on the invite list for the end of April Silverstone event for the A6 ? If not, have a chat with the sales manager.
Obviously you haven't checked latest ETKA leaks posted here, RS6.com and Fortitude.
A6 3.0 TDI (bi-turbo) is rated at 313ps and start of production second half of this year.
Cheers,
D
Old 04-03-2011, 01:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jetinder

Jet

Didn't get a confirmation about outputs other than it would be the most powerful 3.0L diesel in production when it arrives. As for the end of April event, I would have loved to have when and would have accepted if offered if I wasn't out of the country at the time.

Hopefully I'll know a bit more by this time next week.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Gear Junky
Didn't get a confirmation about outputs other than it would be the most powerful 3.0L diesel in production when it arrives. As for the end of April event, I would have loved to have when and would have accepted if offered if I wasn't out of the country at the time.

Hopefully I'll know a bit more by this time next week.
So, this is next in your ''shopping list''? Congrats! Quite envious I am now...

Best,
D
Old 04-03-2011, 03:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by darkop
So, this is next in your ''shopping list''? Congrats! Quite envious I am now...

Best,
D
Only if the price difference is similar to that of the 530d to 535d, anything more than that and I will question the benefit over the normal 245hp 3.0TDI. Getting to drive it on Friday afternoon so here's hoping it lives up to the hype.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

I am sure it's gonna be very similar!
Don't forget to keep us posted... (anywhere you want!)
Cheers
Old 04-04-2011, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by darkop
I am sure it's gonna be very similar!
Don't forget to keep us posted... (anywhere you want!)
Cheers
Was talking with the SD of the dealers to day and you are quite right, the price will be inline with that of BMW's equivelant whihc will put my car specced to how I would want it about £3K less than the similar 535d M/Sport.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Darkop, thanks for the tip. Sent some of the info onto my dealer who'd not heard about the dual turbo TDI.

Still no news on the demonstrator deliveries this week. Cutting it a bit fine as the launch is Saturday.

Quick Reply: A6 3.0TDI Bi-turbo this Autumn