Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

ADBLUE FORCE FIELD AFTER EMISSIONS TDI FIX

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 882 Likes on 721 Posts

Originally Posted by Transporter208
This is good to know. I want to push this out for as long as I can to maximize the extended emissions warranty.
Planning to do the same
Old 01-18-2018, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gk1
I would think it is much more likely that the DPF went into regen mode where it burns off soot. I have heard that can be quite stinky when that cycle runs. Just a thought.
That was my first thought, too. I know I was taken aback the first time I smelled the burn off. I thought my car was going to catch on fire!
Old 01-23-2018, 11:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My 2015 A6 TDI Smells when the Ad-Blue Tank gets totally frozen. It takes a while for the tank heater to thaw the Ad-Blue when it is -10 F outside.
Then the smell goes away. If I park it in the garage at night where it is much warmer, I don't have that issue.
Old 01-23-2018, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I still very much am concerned about the washing out of the cylinders, 40% more adblue usage, what is that going to do to the blocks. These cars should easily go 300K, but based on Dodge and other manufactures with similar issues, these blocks won't last that long with this kind of consumption. I'm thinking VW got away with something here, they will kill these cylinders and we will be holding the bag. BTW I go in on Thursday to get my 2014 done.
Old 01-23-2018, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

My understanding is the adblue is injected into the exhaust stream, not the intake. Shouldn't be a problem with cylinder wall washing.
Old 01-23-2018, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default MAJOR UPDATE !!!

Wrong thread, posted in the TDI settlement thread instead.

Last edited by ByByBMW; 01-23-2018 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Posted in wrong thread
Old 02-10-2018, 03:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by farmerjones
... Anyhow, I can tell you that those engines produce minimal odor of any kind out of the exhaust, despite using many more times the volume of AdBlue than a car. I can assure you the smell you noticed was not from AdBlue but likely shipping underbody corrosion inhibitor sprayed onto the car and some of that overspray burning off of the exhaust. AdBlue has little smell, even if you put your nose up to the exhaust and smell it directly.
After the TDI fix was applied I noticed this smell from my vehicle ('14 Q5 w/ c. 94k miles). It smells like almost every other new car I've had, and, at least on my other cars, the smell eventually goes away, presumable when the over-spray burns off.
Old 02-10-2018, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

We got our car back earlier this week from the TDI fix and have not noticed any unusual odors.
Old 02-12-2018, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is not intended to be in the least bit facetious; I'm simply curious of all you Diesel owners what is the motivation behind actually wanting a diesel in the USA? I'm originally from London where Gas prices are nosebleed enough that I understand why folk resort to diesels there because there is a tangible margin in fuel costs in a year if you get about a bit. Here gas is cheap as chips and it certainly doesn't look a monetary thing for most of you (for example, the gentleman from Raleigh has a 4 car fleet of Audis). Meantime, despite the advances in diesel sophistication, they're still not typically as smooth running or quiet for that matter compared to a similar petrol engine (thinking here between the 3.0 TDi and the 3.0 supercharged on my A6). So quite earnestly the question stands, why diesel?
Old 02-12-2018, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Simply put, torque and distance between fill ups. That for me is why I went diesel.

Quick Reply: ADBLUE FORCE FIELD AFTER EMISSIONS TDI FIX