Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Adding S6/S7 rear valence and quad tips

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Adding S6/S7 rear valence and quad tips

Since getting the Stasis tune and Injen intake, I decided to go all the way and install the beautiful S7 rear valence on my A7 so I can complete the quad exhaust look like I did on my A5. Some may recall my December post: Poor man's way to an Audi A7 quad exhaust.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2819163

This may come in handy if you want to add the full quad S6/7 exhaust from AWE to your A6/7.

The stock A6/7 mufflers already have the extra opening (sealed stubs) for the quad tips. Go ahead, get under your Audi's rear end and take a look for yourself.

I removed the A7's valence with a thin screwdriver (3 screws and many snap tabs) and the S one just snaps into the same slots. I have the additional two Audi A7's OEM tips on order and will have them welded on next week to replace the downward facing, hidden extra spouts.
Cost so far is a bit over $500. Tips are another $200 and I expect additional labor to be $250 for welding.

Last edited by JerryS4; 04-28-2013 at 06:34 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryS4
I removed the A's valence with a thin screwdriver (3 screws and many snap tabs) and the S one just snaps into the same slots.
Can you post some pictures of the procedure or some of the original valance? I saved the shots you posted of the additional down turned muffler outlet. I remember that you had a video of the car pulling away on one of your posts.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Here is the youtube vid you mentioned but before the Stasis ECU tune:

After the tune, the A7 moves quite a bit faster, 0-60 MPH in 4.5s in fact. Sorry, no photos of the procedure but it took about twenty minutes and I broke a few tabs before figuring out the system. Once I had the new valence, I could see exactly where the click tabs were so I just decided to go for it. The tabs are about 3 3/4" apart. (see photo below with the white circles) The first one on the end is tricky but you can see how it works and it soon releases when you press correctly. The rest are best done with a thin, flat head screwdriver or a narrow but strong putty knife. A radio or moulding removal tool is likely the best but I do not own one. (I ordered after the fact from Amazon for $10) You just line up the tool at the right spot on the tab, slide in and lift up a bit. The valence releases a few inches at a time. I got pretty good at it in the end. The blue circles show one of the three screw tabs that attach under the gas tank.
Last photo is of the new valence installed but with the hidden exhaust suddenly exposed. Feels like my zipper is open.
Attached Images   

Last edited by JerryS4; 04-20-2013 at 03:39 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where did you order the valance from and was it painted? I am interested in doing this also. I just finished a carbon fiber interior upgrade
Old 04-19-2013, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by lmbatts
Where did you order the valance from and was it painted?
Audi parts department ordered these from the 'S' model rear and they were already painted or chromed as shown.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great. This is the best low cost enhancement yet. Btw. I am debate on the ecu tune. Why statis over giac?
Old 04-20-2013, 03:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by lmbatts
Great. This is the best low cost enhancement yet. Btw. I am debate on the ecu tune. Why statis over giac?
Convenience mainly. I got my local Audi dealer to franchise Stasis and as a result, they gave me a nice discount on the ECU tune.

All Audi dealers should do this. I would imagine selling the 2.0L A4 or A5 with a Stasis or GIAC ECU tune would be very easy for salesmen since it shaves a second off the 0-60 MPH time. Makes Audi more competitive against BMW's non-335 models.

Last edited by JerryS4; 04-20-2013 at 03:51 AM.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The problem is warranty. Because it flags your vehicle TD1 dealers will be less likely to go that route and then have to explain to the customer who didn't fully listen or understand that their warranty may not cover an issue since the car is tuned. This wouldn't build long term relationships that car dealerships (especially in the luxury sector) are looking for.

It's the only reason I'm holding off on any tune for my vehicle. I'm probably being over-safe/paranoid but I like the comfort in knowing my CPO warranty covers me without question through 2018. I wish Audi was a little more flexible here but I understand their reasons.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back to the OP, i love the quad tip look and one fo the things that makes Audi so customizable is it's global platform sharing. how cool is it that we can take the rear valance and other S line trims from multiple models and just bolt it on to our A's with little to no customization. That's just cool!

Does anyone make a carbon fiber version of the quad tip rear valance for our C7's? Also, and i'm still learning alot about cars in general, why aren't rear valances painted to match the vehicle color? Is there a functional reason for this?
Old 04-20-2013, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by adhesiv
Does anyone make a carbon fiber version of the quad tip rear valance for our C7's?
Not yet. They can add diffusers like this Wald model for the IS-F.

Name:  Wald15_zps8bc6d795.jpg
Views: 2125
Size:  28.2 KB

Also, and i'm still learning alot about cars in general, why aren't rear valances painted to match the vehicle color? Is there a functional reason for this?
I like the looks of the Prestige grey valance better.

Name:  A7Prear01_zps4800f3b2.jpg
Views: 2478
Size:  48.3 KB

Quick Reply: Adding S6/S7 rear valence and quad tips