Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Bell Audi (a different perspective)

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 06:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bell Audi (a different perspective)

First a little disclaimer: I have no personally interest in Bell Audi. I am not related to the salesmen, service men or secretary there.

I just wanted to share MY experience in light of a recent post that was negative feedback toward their service. I wanted to give credit where credit is due and show that you should take everything at face value.

I took delivery last night of my car and through the whole process (which was long due to the fact it was hard to find the car I wanted) the salesman and finance manager treated me like I was the most important customer they had all year. They explained things very well. They came in on their day off and they made sure I was satisfied with everything. I have yet to deal with their service department as another poster had a bad experience with. But I can tell you that they did a terrific job in the sales dept, explaining all of my options and at all times made me feel like my business was an important to them.

Not doubting or knocking the person who had a bad experience, but I felt it was unjust to leave one bad post about them and not share this excellent experience I had with them.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

To be fair the OP of that other thread made no comment on his sales experience, he warned off only on a service perspective.

In my experience (not just of Audi) the sales and the service organization at the same dealer can be very different beasts.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Duly noted! I just didn't want such a grim picture painted when I had such a pleasant experience (so far) with them as a whole.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to imply anything but a new member who joins and starts posting right after a bad experience is posted is often not going to swing the same weight.

With that said, I felt the OP on the other thread was out of line a bit on the personal nature of his complaints. It's possible to maturely and factually describe such an issue without coming across as an attack. If that's the way s/he interacts with people, I tend to give less weight to the complaint OP as well.

Just my $0.02, non-inflation-adjusted.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:40 AM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts

FWIW their parts manager is excellent IMHO. Not just a job to him. He knows the parts, accessories and the system as well as how to keep customers happy. Always a pleasure to work with.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

gk1. I would believe you but you only have 6,000 posts. : )
Old 08-22-2014, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by u2jrmw
In my experience (not just of Audi) the sales and the service organization at the same dealer can be very different beasts.
How true that is. My first Audi was a C5 and I went to buy one at Continental Audi in Naperville IL. I don't think the sales guy took me very serious, and didn't negotiate. I bought the same car minus a $75 cup holder for my desired price down the road. However I serviced my car at Conti with great help and I liked the service crew. When it was time to buy my C7 I tried Conti again and the sales guy and I hit it off better and got along. Two cars later I buy and service at Conti. Sometimes it takes the right sales guy to sell to the right customer. The first guy rubbed me the wrong way. My guy now knows his stuff.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Glad you had a good sales experience and guess what.....so did I. They gave me a great trade in value and a awesome price on the A6 and I told all my family and friends about Bell and had numerous people buy cars from them.

The issue is the service department sucks. They didn't fix my car, they damaged it and didn't fix anything. They lied to me in emails and on the phone and do not accept any responsibility. That is simply unacceptable.

Now the car is at another Audi dealer in CT and the service I am getting is phenomenal. They can't replicate the issue (as of yet) but based on my video and talking in length with the foreman and the service manager they are tackling everything. They aren't pressuring me and are taking their time. Why should they care? They didn't even sell me the car but they are simply amazing. I am very happy with them and if I purchase another Audi it will be with them.

Some people think I must be an @$$because of the way I reviewed Bell Audi in my prior post. The real issue is Bell Audi (service DPT) treats its customers like crap. They made me miss valuable time at work, were totally inconsiderate, had no organization, and didn't care that none of my issues were resolved. Sorry but to me thats totally unacceptable. I bet if the car was out of warranty they would discover all the issues.

Last edited by 335i; 08-22-2014 at 11:13 AM.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

That's cool that you have a place that straitened out your problem. I have always been on guard myself about any service departments for new cars that I have owned. Most that I have dealt with tend to be less then stellar. Again, I never doubted your situation being negative (who am I to Judge). I just wanted to share they treated me well, and they aren't all crappy there. It was the *thumbs down* remark that may lead people to believe that they are not worth buying a car from, which in my humble opinion is just the opposite.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The solution to crappy Audi service depts. (which are the norm not the exception) is to have a good indie shop available for all your "paying" services. Fortunately I have a gem of an indie for all my cars. For warranty service you just have to bite the bullet and cross your fingers.

Quick Reply: Bell Audi (a different perspective)