Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Dealer rating

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL - how does someone not know that exceptional is above and beyond? Are they afraid of making the other advisors look bad?

My thoughts that even something little would go a long way. Fill all cup holders with bottles of water...or checked to make sure everything was topped off, or proactively applied a dealer service coupon - those things might put you in exceptional...but haven't yet seen something like that a car dealer, Audi, BMW, Lexus, or MB. Those guys are all the same...jumping around.
Old 12-11-2015, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick61
But that is not what you said earlier.

So you are contributing to this broken system as you always give your advisor a 10. Sure when he goes out of his way and above and beyond, he may deserve a 10 - but since you give 10s just for a pleasant greeting, donut or a wash, then you are doing the opposite of what you just stated
Read it again::

"As Inyoury and I have stated, if a service writer, service manager or even a tech regularly goes out of their way to provide extra services to you..."

Note the word "regularly". That is not at all inconsistent to what I originally wrote. I'll say it yet another way: if, time and time again, I have received the special treatment as I exampled (which over the years has resulted in actual thousands of dollars saved), those responsible, including my service advisor who has been a major contributor, have earned a 10 on every visit. That would not be the case if say, my service advisor deliberately keyed my paint or slashed my tires upon an arrival. (Which, of course, has never occurred).

Your advisor may do no more over time than than greet you with a smile, type your work order andoffer you a donut. And no doubt the rating system is broken. But I'll say it one final time - I will not penalize or deprive income to those who had no skin in the game creating ithe system if they have earned my loyalty over time just so I can be a Don Quixote. If you choose to disagree with that principle, so be it - I will not change your mind. Nor will you change mine.
Old 12-11-2015, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

If you give a 10 then the SA gets the tip, if you give an 8 then there is no tip. Does anyone know what happens if you don't respond to the survey? Do they really penalize the SA for not partaking in the loads of surveys in your Inbox?
Old 12-11-2015, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Except for college era part time jobs I have never worked in a service job where tipping was the norm. However, I have worked both in government and the private sector where performance reviews were the norm. My personal view on this issue is that the dealership’s management should be reviewing the staff and deciding any bonus for them or recommending specific personnel if AoA is the one giving out the bonuses or gold watches (whatever). The dealership itself could have survey forms they hand out when you pick up the car after it has been serviced that could be returned at a dealership drop box, by mail or answered online with space for the consumer to bring up problems/issues or recommend kudos to specific employees. I know that I can say something like “the SA took the time to check with the mechanic…...”, but might not know whether this warranted a 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10 on the AoA type survey. I personally believe managing/evaluating/rewarding staff is best accomplished by the management team nearest the employee (the dealership), not by a corporate HQ hundreds or thousands of miles away.