Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Delivery Timelines

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delivery Timelines

Hey All - Just ordered my A6 on Saturday (27th) and am wondering what the delivery times are. The dealer told me I might see it around Christams but that seems a bit too soon. I brought it for my 50th birthday and that not's until mid February so I was hoping delivery about that time.

I assume it's coming in through Houston on the way up to the Rockies. Anyone have any thoughts? THX
Old 10-29-2012, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

The timeline from order to delivery usually falls into a range of 6 - 10 weeks although there are many factors that can affect it one way or the other. Unless you did a "special" color, you should see it by Xmas (I guess you could have the dealer store it until Feb but why wait? Enjoy it for the holidays).

Your salesperson can provide you with an order status report which will show all the stages of build, ship to port, ship from port, arrival to port, and release to carrier estimated dates. This is available once the order is processed as accepted by the factory (my first report was available 4 days after I ordered). Ask your salesperson to send you a copy once he's able to run it. You shouldn't bug him too often as the dates don't typically change all that much. I'd ask for one now and in about 4 weeks to see if anything has changed.

There are many posts on the A6 and A7 forums on this subject including a way to track your ship to the U.S. after it leaves Germany. Do a forum search.

Happy Birthday! (Mine was a retirement present but that's not happening until next year)
Old 10-29-2012, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
The timeline from order to delivery usually falls into a range of 6 - 10 weeks although there are many factors that can affect it one way or the other. Unless you did a "special" color, you should see it by Xmas (I guess you could have the dealer store it until Feb but why wait? Enjoy it for the holidays).

Your salesperson can provide you with an order status report which will show all the stages of build, ship to port, ship from port, arrival to port, and release to carrier estimated dates. This is available once the order is processed as accepted by the factory (my first report was available 4 days after I ordered). Ask your salesperson to send you a copy once he's able to run it. You shouldn't bug him too often as the dates don't typically change all that much. I'd ask for one now and in about 4 weeks to see if anything has changed.

There are many posts on the A6 and A7 forums on this subject including a way to track your ship to the U.S. after it leaves Germany. Do a forum search.

Happy Birthday! (Mine was a retirement present but that's not happening until next year)
Thanks for the response. The dealer told me he would update me about once a month (or more if something changed) so the next one he said will be around Nov 21st. I agree I will enjoy the car for Christmas if it comes in. This is one year I hope it doesn't snow too much up here as the road grime will depress the heck out of me.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

It was exactly 2 months for my A6 custom ordered (29 July to 29 Sept) to arrive. I even tracked it leaving port in Germany through the English Channel, after that I lost it. Even my salesmen was shocked when he found out it was on site.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Snagitseven hit it - in my case, order date was 9/11, and the ship reached port this past Friday. I expect to recieve the car by Nov. 12, so that would be 8 weeks.
As for snow in your area - that'll just give you a chance to really enjoy the quattro!
Old 10-29-2012, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Grapeking
Snagitseven hit it - in my case, order date was 9/11, and the ship reached port this past Friday. I expect to recieve the car by Nov. 12, so that would be 8 weeks.
As for snow in your area - that'll just give you a chance to really enjoy the quattro!
True on the snow but I also have to swap out the 20's first. I don't think I'll get much traction on this tires
Old 10-29-2012, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by alvam
True on the snow but I also have to swap out the 20's first. I don't think I'll get much traction on this tires
Most definitely true. Summer tires shouldn't be driven at temps below 40 degrees and on snow or icy roads they can be dangerous. Plan on a set of dedicated snow tires or ultra high performance all seasons for winter driving.