Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Electrics, brakes and steering died travelling at 70mph now waiting for replacement.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 08:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dcmetro
I'd like to add my .02 to this discussion. With all the electronics and computers going in the car, I can't believe we can have a 100% perfect production process. Maybe 99.94 but not 100%. The most important thing should be how the car manufacturer handles the situation.
In my case, I did not have as scary experience as the OP did, but my 2010 A6 started showing up all warning lights-from ABS, brakes, parking, all faults. I did not cut off the engine and the car drove fine, but the lights did not go out at all. I gave it to the dealership several times (over 4) for the same issue and they kept the car for over 40-45 days, called all sorts of Audi Technicans from Germany, with little success.
Couple of months back, my service advisor suggested that I get in touch with AOA since these issues are not normal. I wrote a letter detailing the issues and 3 weeks later AOA offered to replace my car,not with a 2011 version but 2012!! I was pleasantly surprised. No arguments, no more explainations....they handled it perfectly.
I even took the opportunity to get all the features (Prestige, Sports) which I did not last time around. Course I did pay up some usage fees since my car had over 30K and for the upgrades.

I've had issues with my bimmer and BMW did take action without any issues. I've had issues with my MB SUV and surprisingly they gave me some pain with some issues. Maybe it was the dealership.

I think Audi just made me a very loyal customer. For a car that clearly had some serious issues, I could not have asked for a better end. So I sincerely think it's most important how the car manufacturer handles the issue, is what we should take into account as well while judging the cars.
I totally agree. When this issue first arose I had a feeling Audi were going to be very funny about the whole thing and I would have a fight on my hands, but no. Audi have handled the situation very well. After concluding the car should be off the road they got to work building me a new one at a higher spec than my original. I tend to believe that it's the level of customer service that sets the brand apart.

What I would also say is I'm glad to hear that nobody else with an A6 or A7 seems to be having this problem, with is good news for Audi and you guys. However if anyone starts developing a curious ticking noise from the instrument cluster get the car checked out. But hopefully this will be a singular case, who knows what happened in the production process to cause these devastating faults.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by chaff
Interested to know if anyone here has had the same problem as me. I think my issues are very rare and in fact I may be the only person in the world thats developed the faults my car did, well I hope so.

Travelling at 70mph with three passengers onboard all the lights in the car flashed extreamly bright and then suddenly the car thought it was off, in fact i was travelling at 70mph with no braking or steering towards a junction. Luckily the car decided to restart, but not before taking at least 5 seconds to do so. I was fortunate in the fact that this was at night and no other cars were on the road.

Audi technical were called out, they registered numerous communications faults within the cars systems, basically nothing was talking to each other causing the car to totally shut down (apart from the engine).

After over a month of testing audi have been unable to find the route cause of the problem but have decided the car is dangerous and should be kept off the road. I am awaiting a replacement A6 S-Line to be built in germany and delivered.

I am hoping nobody else here have had any issues like this?
Are you located in the UK? If not, someone reported the same issue with their car.