Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Halogen to Bi-Xenon static + Standart to LED taillights

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Halogen to Bi-Xenon static + Standart to LED taillights

Hello, everyone, enthusiasts and Lords of the Rings. I started this thread because couldn't find information regarding this retrofit (Yes, there are threads about taillights, but no info about Halogen to Bi-Xenon conversion), and lack of information about this work (no wiring diagrams to DIY, part numbers and etc.). I am uploading all the information about this process, which at the moment of writing is only documentation about the wiring and needed parts. I will try to keep it informative and update on the work that is done. For now i need some help, or lets say, clarification, if my wiring schematics are correct:
1. Is Wiring for the front correct? Could it be improved?
2. Is wiring for Taillights correct? This is the main issue for me, because according to ELSA wiring diagrams, there are some pins that are placed differently from Halogen to Xenon.
3. Is it ok to use common wires (not automotive)?
4. Is the uploaded Headlight coding correct to make xenon work? Or should it be different?

P.S. I managed to gather some information about the terminals (thanks to some Russian site) and contactors (these are better bought from local dealer). also thanks for kdagher (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...coded-2864162/) for information about coding taillights.
P.S.S. First time writing a thread and also participating in thread community and retrofitting process, so don't judge me, i want to improve
Attached Files
File Type: docx
kontaktoriai.docx (287.6 KB, 452 views)
File Type: docx
headlightwashing.docx (12.9 KB, 215 views)
File Type: txt
headlight coding.txt (394 Bytes, 381 views)
File Type: xls
HalotoXenon.xls (155.5 KB, 355 views)
File Type: pdf
halo.pdf (1.71 MB, 427 views)
haloRear.pdf (1.11 MB, 188 views)
LEDTAILavant.pdf (1.26 MB, 257 views)
xenon.pdf (1.94 MB, 1554 views)
Old 01-09-2018, 10:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I converted my halogen to bi xenons a couple of years ago and everything worked great. I had some car issues last week, took it to the dealer and they pretty much reset everything, so my headlights stopped working. I need the re input the codes again but I never saved them from last time. By the way I have a 2012 A6 2.0T

I'm praying your codes will work.

Thanks a lot!!!!!