Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Injen installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injen installed

Just installed into my a6 c7 3.0t and wow it made a nice difference. Not very noticeable at cruise and 90% of the time. For the driver you can hear the blower whine a little more but under load and wot it just sounds great without being rice sounding.

Sotp I have to say it is a big difference. It responses so much better with half the throttle needed and therefore feels quicker.

Old 01-24-2016, 09:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Very nice. Looks great. Congrats!
Reason it's not very noticeable at cruise is because looks like the stock airbox is still in place, and it's doing it's job of dampening the sound of the blower suction whine.
Regarding airflow... the stock box is still providing same airflow into box where new intake is sucking air out of... so you haven't really opened up airflow but you've opened up rear to allow hot air to be sucked into intake... so the dynamics are bit different.

I definitely would NOT recommend removing the airbox with your new setup, that would create a Hot Air Induction package. Not a good thing for power.

If you can somehow seal off, and keep engine heat from getting into airbox through that large open exposed area... you should see better performance.

Looks great... enjoy!

Nobody Panic.... these are just my opinions based on my experience!
Old 01-24-2016, 10:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by IknowHuhA6
If you can somehow seal off, and keep engine heat from getting into airbox through that large open exposed area... you should see better performance.
I remember that someone filled the gap with a light gray foam. Pretty sure it was a Injen intake. Should make it easier to search for.
Old 01-24-2016, 10:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Found it - https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...esome-2842664/

It was JerryS4 - the guy that made a quad exhaust out of stock mufflers.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

You know.... I'm having second thoughts on this...
At highway speeds, the airflow will push out any hot air that seeps in from engine compartment so not a problem. But depending on boost and amount of suction, it may still potentially draw-in warm air from engine side at slow speeds.

During street stop-n-go driving, the airbox will definitely fill up with hot air, so any stop and launch driving will definitely be sucking in hot air which will affect the timing and fuel curve on a stomp from stop.

Closing off open area will keep out heat but downside is it will silence the blower whine further. Personally, I love blower whine

JJcuff1,
I think it looks awesome and I'm sure it will give you great performance and sound. I'm curious to test this same setup on my car and measure IAT temperatures with few different scenarios.

You just gave me the idea for my next mod/experiment. Thank You!
Old 01-25-2016, 08:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by IknowHuhA6
You just gave me the idea for my next mod/experiment. Thank You!
As if you needed ideas for mods...

I also remember someone who ran the intake tubing through a hole made in the area under the air box. That was a true cold air intake with supercharger sounds.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by tenspeed
As if you needed ideas for mods...
I know Huh
Old 02-03-2016, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

I installed the same intake and reused the factory seal to seal the box. It had to be modified a bit to fit
But it looks more oem than the foam
Old 02-04-2016, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Good idea. I was thinking of getting heavy rubber or vinyl square material from home depot and cutting it into a circle then cut a middle circle out so it slides over the tube, like a grommet or washer but is slightly snug. It should just lay over the space then like a flap.

If it is slightly over sized I can tuck it in a little or zip tie it in place using the existing slots.