Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Location of cooling fan fuse(s)?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 03:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My buddy and I changed the fuses in mine. Not hard, but a few hidden screws that take figuring out the first time you do it. My 2012 had one blown, so I guess I am not sure if it is really that rare,
The following users liked this post:
Mattbult (04-26-2021)
Old 04-10-2019, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Matt, I have the same 2012 A6 Prestige 3.0 Supercharged with a similar cooling fan problem I was hoping to not have to remove the crossmember, but I see from your excellent photos that I do need to remove it. Thanks Ill post my results. I want to know how to remove the trouble codes when I'm sure it is fixed thx John
Mattbult (04-26-2021)
Old 04-10-2019, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I cleared them with my vagcom and have checked a couple times since and they haven't reappeared.
Mattbult (04-26-2021)
Old 04-10-2019, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Matt , I removed the crossbar and Viola! The 2 fuse links were blown exactly as your photo depicted . This saved me a flat bed tow to the dealer plus a few days without the car. Great info Thanks!
Mattbult (04-26-2021)
Old 04-10-2019, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default moosestache

Moose et. al., My fuse link replacement went very well and I am up and running after 2 $10 fuse links. I still have the trouble message that I would like to remove. Is the vag com my onboard system?
Originally Posted by moosestache
I cleared them with my vagcom and have checked a couple times since and they haven't reappeared.
Old 04-15-2019, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by duncanj24@msn.com
Moose et. al., My fuse link replacement went very well and I am up and running after 2 $10 fuse links. I still have the trouble message that I would like to remove. Is the vag com my onboard system?
So glad it helped! Very frustrating originally. Unfortunately vagcom requires a special cable hooked up to your laptop that will probably run you a couple hundred bucks, unless you can find someone with it locally. Otherwise you will need to bring it to a dealer or mechanic to get the codes reset. Good luck!
Old 04-17-2019, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattbult
So glad it helped! Very frustrating originally. Unfortunately vagcom requires a special cable hooked up to your laptop that will probably run you a couple hundred bucks, unless you can find someone with it locally. Otherwise you will need to bring it to a dealer or mechanic to get the codes reset. Good luck!
Before i bought OBDelevel for $40 (now it's $80 IIRC) i used to go to AutoZone, Oreiley or Advance and borrow their code reader, they usually ask to leave your driver's license, and erase all codes myself. Store employees are not allowed to erase codes just in case of lawsuit, but you can at your own risk. I dont tell them that i want to erase codes, just "read"
Mattbult (04-26-2021)
Old 04-17-2019, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by BOPOH
Before i bought OBDelevel for $40 (now it's $80 IIRC) i used to go to AutoZone, Oreiley or Advance and borrow their code reader, they usually ask to leave your driver's license, and erase all codes myself. Store employees are not allowed to erase codes just in case of lawsuit, but you can at your own risk. I dont tell them that i want to erase codes, just "read"
Very ingenious!
Old 04-21-2019, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the information on the fuses, my A6 is blowing warm to hot air do you think this a fuse issue or could it be something else?
Old 04-22-2019, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shandrade
thanks for the information on the fuses, my A6 is blowing warm to hot air do you think this a fuse issue or could it be something else?
If the car is not overheating its probably not these fuses. But turn on the ac and check if at least one fan is running (I don't recall which one is for the AC).

Quick Reply: Location of cooling fan fuse(s)?