Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Motion sensor trunk release

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 07:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This has been working for me, pretty nifty feature - I've been giving one slo-mo kick about left center of the license plate and then a second or two later the lights come on and the trunk lid opens.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 8XXXID
I tried today several times and it didn't work for me. May be I do not have it...? How can I find out if I have it and it's probably broken or disabled? is there any kind of visible sensor somewhere under the rear bumper?
Out of interest I did get under and have a look but nothing obvious, it seems to be tucked up inside the bodywork. Probably not a bad idea considering the exposure to the elements down there. Sorry I can't help but I wish you luck in unlocking it somehow.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by akatwn
Didn't even realize this motion sensor trunk release feature was available until I read this thread. After reading, I immediately went out to my 4 week old A6 and gave the "kick" a try, and it worked the first time. I agree, there is about a 1 second delay. Tried it several more times, both with the car locked and unlocked, and the trunk release worked beautifully. Had the wife come out, and she was able to get the release to work after a few practice kicks. We kick under the bumper centered on the license plate. It appears you have to be somewhat exacting in keeping centered on the license plate, at least for our car. Great feature!
It is posts like this that makes a forum like this so enjoyable, especially as a first post! :-)
Old 12-17-2013, 07:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by sbhingley
Out of interest I did get under and have a look but nothing obvious, it seems to be tucked up inside the bodywork. Probably not a bad idea considering the exposure to the elements down there. Sorry I can't help but I wish you luck in unlocking it somehow.
Finaly got it!!! Not every time works for me, maybe 50/50. I guess i need more practice LOL
Old 12-17-2013, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by 8XXXID
Finaly got it!!! Not every time works for me, maybe 50/50. I guess i need more practice LOL
You're not doing it correctly...
Here's the instructions I've posted previously:

You put your right foot in,
You pull your right foot out,
You put your right foot in,
And you shake it all about,
You do the hokey pokey
and you turn yourself around
That what it's all about.

It should now work every time.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

i can only get it to work about 1 out of 10 times. We were even outside marking on the ground where we put our foot just to see if we could consistently do it and could not.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by whodey319
i can only get it to work about 1 out of 10 times. We were even outside marking on the ground where we put our foot just to see if we could consistently do it and could not.
Did you do the hokey pokey part? That's important.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I finally got around to trying it last night. 2 for 2 success. Funny that the salesman assured me that this was not a feature of the car when I asked about it at delivery...
Old 12-18-2013, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kc-raydoc
I finally got around to trying it last night. 2 for 2 success. Funny that the salesman assured me that this was not a feature of the car when I asked about it at delivery...
Originally Posted by whodey319
What year C7 do you both have? I am surprised to see this thread getting brought back from the dead with so much action. Was this tucked into the 2014's? I know snag had it and I could never get it to work on mine. (I forgot the words to the Hokey Pokey)Come spring, I might crawl under the car and take a look. Not sure how much I want this feature based on Snag's experience.

Has anyone ever entertained the power trunk upgrade that is out there?
Old 12-18-2013, 10:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NVThs1
What year C7 do you both have? I am surprised to see this thread getting brought back from the dead with so much action. Was this tucked into the 2014's? I know snag had it and I could never get it to work on mine. (I forgot the words to the Hokey Pokey)Come spring, I might crawl under the car and take a look. Not sure how much I want this feature based on Snag's experience.

Has anyone ever entertained the power trunk upgrade that is out there?
I have a 2014 TDI Prestige.

Quick Reply: Motion sensor trunk release