Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

My reply to JD Power Audi A6 survey

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My reply to JD Power Audi A6 survey

I never realized until I filled out the survey sent by JD Power how good a job Audi is doing on their cars, at least judgeing by my A6.
Of all the possible problems they listed, my car had none. 1,800 miles and 5 weeks into ownership the car is perfect. Considering all the electronics in the car ( I even include the innovation Pkg.) I find this exceptional.
I remember the time back in the 60's and 70's when my GM car dealer would ask me to make a list on my new car of all the defects ( window would not go up, radio **** fell of, heater blew cold air etc.)rather than go back one by one. Now I know GM is much better today as well but this Audi is to good to believe and I hope I am not jinxing it by saying this. They have great quality control. I pray this continues to be the case for the next 150,000 miles at least since I keep my cars a long time. Hope you all are having good luck with your Audi as well.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree almost 5 months now on my new A6 & love it more everyday. The only complaint I have is that it attracts too many drivers trying to take a look as there are not too many of A6 on the road. But beautiful engine in my opinion it is best in its class.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Auditron,

Audi's reliability is one concern of mine. I'll be picking up my A6 in a couple of weeks. I hope I observe the same quality that you did.

Your post does help allay my concerns a little... I hope to keep this car for a long time too.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Knock wood...

I've also experienced no problems, and the car is seven months old.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Nearly 9 months in for me ... and the car has been absolutely flawless.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

My only issue was when the trunk would not open, only to find out there is a button in the glove box that turns off trunk access. First car with that feature and hard for tall person to see from drivers seat. Quick phone call to dealer got answer.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I hope I can get good reliability from my car. That was a main concern when switching to Audi from Lexus. I like the aggressive dynamic look of te Audi vs the New GS which has already been on sale here for 6 months. I'm still learning a lot about the car. The dealers here gives a service of two, one hour Q/A service where they come to your home and sit in your car and educate you on the car as well as solve any problem issue you are having with the car. I'm looking forward to my first lesson comin up this Friday evening.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:24 AM
LIY
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seven months - not a single problem! Such has not necessarily been the case with previous Audis.

We shall see!

LIY
Old 06-13-2012, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

We got our "get to know your Audi" at delivery. Salesperson was great about it and probably spent close to an hour with us, although at the time we were chomping at the bit to get the car on the road and getting a bit tired after sitting through all the paperwork processing. During that orientation, the salesperson specifically warned us not to touch the trunk button in the glove box.

We have had other Audi vehicles in the past that also have been great at delivery. That said, think VERY carefully about keeping an Audi for the long haul (i.e. more than 5 or 7 years). Past that point, crazy stuff starts to go wrong (window switches stop working, door switches short out, plastic that should never break starts to crack, rubber that should never rot starts to crumble, etc.). A BMW in the family fleet has had some of the same issues, although not the extent of our previous Audi cars (we also have a Ford in the family that just turned 19 years old that has had NONE of these kinds of problems, and if Ford can make a car that has reliable plastic and rubber components, the Germans ought to be able to make one, too). And of course, when you get to the point that your car starts to require increasingly frequent repairs, the costs continue to be huge if you're not inclined to do the fixes yourself. Thank goodness for the Internet, where people can share tutorials on how to repair stuff; I have NO idea what people who owned older cars did before they were able to communicate so easily with one another.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by stoulana
I agree almost 5 months now on my new A6 & love it more everyday. The only complaint I have is that it attracts too many drivers trying to take a look as there are not too many of A6 on the road. But beautiful engine in my opinion it is best in its class.
I presume from your photo that you have the 19" wheels and the prestige package, which is exactly what we have (except in black). It's a really unique and great-looking car.

Quick Reply: My reply to JD Power Audi A6 survey