Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

new HTC One and 2012 A6

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 04:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally got it to work. Exported outlook to tab delimited. Opened in Excel and went through addresses finding ones with carriage returns and editing them in outlook. Had to do two passes to get them all but now my phone syncs. Couldn't just edit in outlook and reimport - had issues syncing the photos that were part of the contact record.

Thanks to this forum, I understood the problem enough to address it. Just wish Audi could fix this in their import logic.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by joesky
I just received by HTC One and have no issues getting the car to import all my contacts. Was actually pretty quick compared to my Galaxy S2.

For reference, I have a 2013 A6 Prestige.
When I got my A6 about 3 weeks ago I had a HTC Sensation and we could not get the contacts to show. I then got the HTC One a couple of weeks ago and everything worked grate. But today I was seeing some no name contacts that were not on my phone. I tried to delete them but got a message that I needed to delete them on the phone. Remember they were not on the phone. So I decided to delete the directory on the mmi and start from scratch. Well now no matter what I try I can not get the directory to load. It shows pervious received and dialed numbers (no names) but no directory. This is very frustrating.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by denvig
But today I was seeing some no name contacts that were not on my phone. I tried to delete them but got a message that I needed to delete them on the phone. Remember they were not on the phone. So I decided to delete the directory on the mmi and start from scratch. Well now no matter what I try I can not get the directory to load. It shows pervious received and dialed numbers (no names) but no directory. This is very frustrating.
I have never been able to clear the "no name" contacts but I scroll down a ways I can see the ones with names. If I access from the LCD on the HUD above the steering wheel the no name contacts do not show. As far as the directory not loading after a clear, for me I had to export all my contacts to CSV and then load in Excel and find all the ones with carriage returns in the address, clean then up in Outlook (what I sync with) to finally get them to load. A real pain but once I did that I have had the directories in sync for the last 6 weeks with no issues.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I had a similar problem with my HTC one - 2013 A6 MMI 3G Nav+, bought a 'Bluetooth Phonebook' app from google play store. After app installed on the phone, no issues with phone contacts sync. I highly recommend the app for HTC One.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

I had a Thunderbolt and mine was set for phone only. I'm ported them all with no issues. Every time I test drove an Audi A5 and the various A6's my Thunderbolt synched with no issues.

Got my Galaxy SIII and once my bluetooth was connected, it imported my address book just as easy as my Thunderbolt..

So basically, I've had no issue that you're speaking of OP.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by enzo99
I had a similar problem with my HTC one - 2013 A6 MMI 3G Nav+, bought a 'Bluetooth Phonebook' app from google play store. After app installed on the phone, no issues with phone contacts sync. I highly recommend the app for HTC One.
Tried everything even set everything back to factory defaults and no go. Then I got the "Bluetooth Phonebook" app, bingo worked great. Thanks for pointing it out, it was driving me crazy. Like you I highly recommend it, thanks.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:38 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Same problem

I have a 2013 Q5 with MMI and Nav. Connecting my HTC One plays audio just fine but absolutely will not import the contacts.

I have tried disconnecting the device completely from both and also noticed that unless i choose "dont ask again" when the phone prompts to access contacts, it never does. Leads me to believe that though the car is trying to access the contacts, it can't

Thoughts?
Old 07-09-2013, 10:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Got two HTC One phones over the weekend. Got both phones to transfer contacts on my A6 but for the life of me can't seem to get it to work on my fiance's A6. I've tried everything and can't seem to duplicate what was done on my A6.

May have to opt for that "Bluetooth Phonebook" app if this doesn't start working soon.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by dht34
Got two HTC One phones over the weekend. Got both phones to transfer contacts on my A6 but for the life of me can't seem to get it to work on my fiance's A6. I've tried everything and can't seem to duplicate what was done on my A6.

May have to opt for that "Bluetooth Phonebook" app if this doesn't start working soon.

Are the software versions of the two cars different? Same model years?
Old 07-15-2013, 07:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Kanterwont
Are the software versions of the two cars different? Same model years?
Get the "Bluetooth Phonebook" app, problem solved.

Quick Reply: new HTC One and 2012 A6